What's new

Word translate

Can you ask the previous owner of this device for the password they set up?
After searching some more, it turns out Toyota can also remove the password for you. You either have to take the device to a dealership or send them its serial number. After verifying that this number is not flagged as stolen they'll send you an unlock code.

Might have to be a Japanese dealership though...

Looking at the three separate images you uploaded to your media gallery, it appears you managed to input the password correctly - and yet the message says it's wrong. Is it possible it's actually wrong? Can you contact the store for confirmation?

The store is in Japan unfortunately I live in europe and they don't know who the previous owner was :(

Why would it show you the password on the screen and then tell you to enter the password? That doesn't make sense. Even more so considering the content of the error message.

OP: That may not be the password at all. Do you have some reason for thinking it is? Show us a larger view of the screen where you see that.
upload_2015-12-12_18-43-57.png

For future reference, if you post in one place the majority of users who may be helpful will probably see it since they probably click the 'New Posts' link to just see all new posts.

Can you ask the previous owner of this device for the password they set up?

Though I do wonder how you're going to use the device if it's in Japanese and you don't understand Japanese...
The stereo was included with the car when I bought it 4 years ago from a licensed dealer, it was working perfectly but recently all settings got messed up and this happened. I usually use it as a stereo cd/dvd player which is fine since it is quite common sense how to use it

I was wondering what device this could be. Then I remembered just how amazing Google's image search is: トヨタ・ダイハツ 純正DVDナビND3T-W57ジャンク品 - ヤフオク!

uridesu2014-img600x448-14429627725jg9fy30800.jpg

A DVD-based navigation unit... Interesting, never knew these existed. The password is apparently something you set up yourself as theft protection, not for unlocking maps. Of course, if you forget this password or didn't receive it when getting it second-hand, the unit ends up as ジャンク (junk) like the one above...

Other photos of devices with a similar password screen show that the R横浜 is indeed most likely the password hint, not the password itself:

tamura6204-img600x450-1438525597deuhy131583.jpg

(好きな食べ物は? = "What's your favourite food?")
So am I right in thinking that I got no chance of finding what the password is?? Just to make clear this device was not stolen it was imported legally from Japan from a seller here in Malta and then sold as second hand.

After searching some more, it turns out Toyota can also remove the password for you. You either have to take the device to a dealership or send them its serial number. After verifying that this number is not flagged as stolen they'll send you an unlock code.

Might have to be a Japanese dealership though...
I shall try toyota dealer here in Malta and also contact the general toyota through e-mail. Thanks for all your help and patience tho

So am I right in thinking that I got no chance of finding what the password is??
Indeed. If people could find out the password or reset it themselves, it would be useless as theft protection, wouldn't it?

Blame the dealer for being too lazy to check for and remove the password before selling the car. :) Since the lock screen pops up as soon as the device has been disconnected from power, it's just a matter of time before it happens (e.g. car battery disconnect/replacement during maintenance).

Indeed. If people could find out the password or reset it themselves, it would be useless as theft protection, wouldn't it?

Blame the dealer for being too lazy to check for and remove the password before selling the car. :) Since the lock screen pops up as soon as the device has been disconnected from power, it's just a matter of time before it happens (e.g. car battery disconnect/replacement during maintenance).
Yeah went to the dealer directly but he wasn't that much of help... you guys proved better help then anyone :) Well though luck I guess then

If a dealership can do it, then you might be in luck. Can you call Japan?

I'm not there, but when I was in Okinawa this dealership had a woman who worked there who had some English:
Google Maps
Here's their phone number: +81 98-921-7838

They were able to price out a specialty SD card for me for a similarly odd system (SD card based GPS). Turned out they wanted 60,000¥ for it, so I decided against it.

Back
Top Bottom