What's new

Wizards of Ink

ryuurui

品天龍涙
17 Jul 2010
I am starting the whole new series of articles entitled "Wizards of Ink", where I intend to talk about the famous calligraphers, both Chinese and Japanese ones. I will discuss there not only their masterpieces, but also their lives, personalities, or even some amusing anecdotes that surround them. The first one is about the Jin dynasty calligrapher, Wang Xizhi, a true wizard of ink indeed.

Wizards of ink: 窶ーツ、テ」ツコ窶抃 (Wáng Xīzhī, 303 – 361), Part I. | Beyond Calligraphy

Thanks for sharing this! I'm looking forward to reading more on the wizards.

I am glad you enjoyed it! Definitely more is coming. There should be at least two more articles on Xizhi, and then I will start writing about other calligraphers.

Glad you enjoyed, Kirie. I upload all the updates done to the blog on our Facebook: Beyond Calligraphy - Main. Simply not enough time to post everything on the forums.

Wizards of ink: 窶ーツ、テ」ツコ窶抃 (Wáng Xīzhī, 303 – 361), Part III.
In this part I am writing about possibly the greatest calligraphy masterpiece ever written - The Preface to the Poems Composed at the Orchid Pavilion (窶披?凪?凖?ツ集ツ祥? pinyin: Lántíngjí Xù). Enjoy!
Link to the article:
Wizards of ink: テァナス窶ケテァツセツイテ、ツケあ (Wテδ。ng Xテ?ォzhテ?ォ, 303 テ「竄ャあ 361), Part III. | Beyond Calligraphy

edit: I see that pinyin does not agree much with the site system...

Back
Top Bottom