What's new

Why The Japanese Don't Get Fat

Matt01

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've been a long time lurker on this forum, but this is my first post. I lived in Japan for about 3 years, and moved to Korea last year. Like a lot of people, when I moved here, I was blown away by how uncommon it was to see a fat Japanese person, while everyone in my country seemed to be getting fatter and fatter each year. I was also PLEASANTLY surprised that a lot of that seemed to rub off on me, as I lost close to 30 pounds during the time I was in Japan.

I'm currently developing a fitness blog, and one of the articles I just wrote is on this topic. I thought I'd throw it up here, because the topic seems to be quite common among gaijin in Japan. I feel like I've got some pretty good insight on this, and while a few of the reasons I talk about in the article have been discussed at great length, a lot of them are pretty unique (at least I haven't heard anyone talking about them). Like a lot of people, I initially thought it was the Japanese diet itself that was doing this, but after really thinking about, I'm convinced that's not really the case (seriously, have you seen how many calories are in a Lawson's bento?)

Anyway, if this is something that's interested (or perplexed you) give the article a read and let me know what you think.

Why The Japanese Don’t Get Fat- The REAL Reason – Average To Abs

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg