What's new

Why not a Japanese Pope?

digicross said:
since every invidual got a religion (even animals have one)
Which one?

the actual message of the sages.
Which sages?

They will know that all ancient religions have the same good basic, they all have the same loving and graceful God,
Which god? Mars? Apollo? Enki? El? Quetzalcoatl? Loki? Or what are you talking about?

Well... I think that he is a 'Jewish' Pope. But then again, most if not all Pope are related to 'Jews' in some sort.
As all Christians are.

And ahem, we know on how 'Jewish' Hitler is
As all Christians are (apart from that, we don't know).

Mycernius said:
I doubt if they will choose a Japanese pope in the near futrure. It took 300 years to elect a non-Italian (John Paul II). I think there is more likely to be a female pope before a Japanese one.
Nah, that's improbable. Japanese have a distinct advantage, they're already in the hierarchy. Women would 1st have to establish themselves. More probable than either of the above would be a Chinese pope. But I suppose before that, we will see one from Africa or South America.

digicross said:
As for some of the posts here.

Hmmm... I sense some anti-religion sentiments in some of the posts.

Maybe anti-religion is not the right word for it, since every invidual got a religion (even animals have one), only some are fooled into thinking that they don't have one.
Could you please explain how animals have a religion? The idea of God is an advanced abstract idea. As far as I know not many animals are capable of that.

Maybe the right word for it is anti-theist (NOT athiest, but ANTI-theist), anti-God. The sentiment is quite anti-God, atheist aren't anti-God (why bother so hostile over something that one don't consider to be exist?), but anti-theist are (as if the actual 'threat' existed).
I consider myself to be a non-believer. Atheisism really means a person with no faith. I think everyone has faith in something. I doesn't have to be a God though.

Back
Top Bottom