What's new

Why is Japan warning against US agency debt?

Marilyn Elam

Registered
21 Jul 2008
Japan's Chief Regulator Hiroshi Watanbe urged Japanese banks and life insurance companies to treat US agency debt with caution!
By doing so Hiroshi has warned the world our money is no longer any good!
Is Japan trying to cause an international scare, and cause a international depressionary "run on the US bank" knowing we are 9 trillion in debt and cannot satisfy our debt immediantly...causing an international uproar and scare, collapsing and crippling our economy?
By doing so, Japan is entering a dangerous position with it's proported and claimed ally, who graciously showed it mercy, forgave, and helped rebuild it into the economic powerhouse it is today.
If our two nations are in an economic war, with undeclred rules of engagement, Hiroshi Watanbe is assuming the role of Yamamoto and just bombed pearl harbor economically!
Very distressing position Wantanbe has put his nation into with that international revelation...it brings Japan and it's entire population's intentions and motivations towards it's US saviors into serious question, and strains our relations.
Does anyone from Japan have comment on this statement?
I understand I am new to the board...but this matter needs to be clarified and rectified quickly by the Japanese majority.

Japan's Chief Regulator Hiroshi Watanbe urged Japanese banks and life insurance companies to treat US agency debt with caution!
By doing so Hiroshi has warned the world our money is no longer any good!
Is Japan trying to cause an international scare, and cause a international depressionary "run on the US bank" knowing we are 9 trillion in debt and cannot satisfy our debt immediantly...causing an international uproar and scare, collapsing and crippling our economy?
By doing so, Japan is entering a dangerous position with it's proported and claimed ally, who graciously showed it mercy, forgave, and helped rebuild it into the economic powerhouse it is today.
If our two nations are in an economic war, with undeclred rules of engagement, Hiroshi Watanbe is assuming the role of Yamamoto and just bombed pearl harbor economically!
Very distressing position Wantanbe has put his nation into with that international revelation...it brings Japan and it's entire population's intentions and motivations towards it's US saviors into serious question, and strains our relations.
Does anyone from Japan have comment on this statement?
I understand I am new to the board...but this matter needs to be clarified and rectified quickly by the Japanese majority.
Are you suggesting that prudent fiscal policy by Japanese investors is not warranted particularly since the US itself has squarely placed itself in this position though poor management?

Why shouldnt Japan or any other country at this time take a step back from buying up US debt when the US doesnt practice fiscal policies that would help bring down it's own debt?

Why shouldnt Japan or any other country for that matter do what it takes to protect itself from getting dragged into the quagmire that the US brought upon itself?

Oh and let's not even begin to talk about debt repayment from WWII Japan paid plenty and still pays plenty today as well.

Are you suggesting that prudent fiscal policy by Japanese investors is not warranted particularly since the US itself has squarely placed itself in this position though poor management?
Why shouldnt Japan or any other country at this time take a step back from buying up US debt when the US doesnt practice fiscal policies that would help bring down it's own debt?
Why shouldnt Japan or any other country for that matter do what it takes to protect itself from getting dragged into the quagmire that the US brought upon itself?
Oh and let's not even begin to talk about debt repayment from WWII Japan paid plenty and still pays plenty today as well.
Why didn't Japan warn us of this impending disaster? Where they too dul to see it coming? And now decide to kick us when we are down and expose our weakness to the entire earth inducing panic?
Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater is a crime over here my friend. It causes innocent people to be trampled and possibly killed in panic.
America had pity on Japan, and helped heal it even after it displayed it's blantant cruel imperialism on the entire pacific.
Japan would not be on the map today, had it not been for the Christian principles of mercy and forgiveness Jesus Christ taught and ordered is to adhere to. Japan, and even it's Emperor owe their very existance to Jesus Christ.
Does the Japanese government and people believe this was a weakness to be exploited to plan and execute an improved counter-attack?
Very dangerous postion for them to take.
Had the tide went the other way last time, ALL americans, and the rest of the earth know Japan would have not shown the same mercy and forgiveness towards them.
Japan needs to consider what they say and what they do VERY carefully in the future, Jesus may give the green light next time to insure Japan will never again be a threat to anyone EVER again.
Japans Bushido is finished, they commanded their soldiers to adhere strictly to it, but failed to do so themselves when their doom was immient.
They took and accepted Jesus's mercy instead.
But, why did they dishonor themselves and their principles to do so?
everything has a price, including mercy.
Mercy does NOT mean you don't get punished. Mercy means you are not punished for all eternity.
Lesson learned, don't spit in your Savoirs face, and especially don't TRY to do it TWICE.

Common sense. Every credit card has its limit.

Do you plan to repo our property without resistance to repay our debt?

How do you repay the debt of mercy you were shown you owe your very existance to?

What is that worth?

Bushido was abandoned by your emperor when his doom was imminet, yet he commanded his loyal soldiers to commit and adhere stricty to it beyond death.

We call that hypocrisy over here, what Japanese word describes that?

Your Emperor begged for mercy and owes Jesus Christ for every breath he now draws...

Does he not observe and really believe in Bushido?

If he did, he would not have accepted the dishonor and mercy associated with the forgiveness and mercy he begged for and recieved in front of the entire watching earth.

Do you deny this to be true?

Perhaps you may ask him, and relay his answer to the waiting and watching earth, as you did our our bank account status....without regard for the consequences!

Heaven knows he cannot speak for himself, then he would have to take responsibility for what he says and commands like his obediant puppets do.

Can't see that really happening by his past behavoir.

He will watch all his people obediantly die first...then he will after you are gone and his turn comes.

Very cowardly and dishonorable for an Emperor and living god to do.

Why can't your god create land and the resources Japan so desperatly needs...why does he have to try and take others, to provide these things for his beloved children?

Is he lacking something?

Or did the sun goddess...curse her people by putting them on a such a overcrowded, siesmic island without the natural resources to sustian it's population?

The US can be cut off completely from the rest of earth, and have plenty to eat...can Japan?
?

Why didn't Japan warn us of this impending disaster? Where they too dul to see it coming? And now decide to kick us when we are down and expose our weakness to the entire earth inducing panic?
Good bye.....Japan is now responsible for the US's fiscal problems.

I wonder is this poster really from the US?

The material comes across more like someone who lives a hell of a lot closer to Japan.

US faces global funding crisis, warns Merrill Lynch
Hiroshi Watanabe, Japan's chief regulator, rattled the markets yesterday when he urged Japanese banks and life insurance companies to treat US agency debt with caution. The two sets of institutions hold an estimated $56bn of these bonds. Mitsubishi UFJ holds $3bn. Nippon Life has $2.5bn.

But the lion's share is held by the central banks of China, Russia and petro-powers. These countries could all too easily precipitate a run on the dollar in the current climate and bring the United States to its knees, should they decide that it is in their strategic interest to do so.
Money

From the telegraph's article, it seems to have the similar concern with you, but just closely read the 2nd paragraph above. Even with my poor English skill, it is not about the war just between Japan and your country.

Why did we all ignore the Greenspan's ambiguous warning against the problem?

Actually and factually, I believe it was Pachipro with his comments on another thread in this subject as well as the NY Times that started feeding this fear. 😊

But Ben Bernanke, Henry Paulson, and I, Ocean Dude, have been doing our best to calm the financial markets. 😏 We will not rest until our job is finished.
Hysterical threads like these do NOT help. :auch:

I never deemed it possible, but I just have to agree with KirinMan here. Every country is free to use caution and common sense when facing risks. Even against the oh so awesum US.
As for WOII, something tells me the US have caused greater damage to Japan than vice-versa with their 2 nukes...

And now decide to kick us when we are down and expose our weakness to the entire earth inducing panic?
The US do that all the time in other things than fiscal stuff. Like, there was no global fear of muslims before the US declared islam evil. US can do, Japan can not? Is that fair play in the eyes of the US? I suggest glasses. Big, fat, corrective glasses.

Japan would not be on the map today, had it not been for the Christian principles of mercy and forgiveness Jesus Christ taught and ordered is to adhere to.
Oh just deliver me from this hilarity, now Japan would be **** if it weren't for the great US and Jesus (who'd shoot himself in the head if he knew the things his name is being abused for, especially by the US)... I'm outta here. I wanted to read further, but when common sense and reason is crushed by religious mayhem, discussion becomes impossible. Once again: dropping nukes on countless innocent citizens has forever disqualified the US to throw its weight around in Japan. It's just unforgivable. Who's been cruel again? Not the US I take it? Nah, no way.

As for WOII, something tells me the US have caused greater damage to Japan than vice-versa with their 2 nukes...
I was also told by several Japanese that they make a difference between eg. Europeans and Americans and while they act nice to Americans, they honestly do appreciate Europeans. Maybe that's because Europe hasn't dropped nuclear bombs and junk food on them.

How is it you've managed to mention atomic bombs twice in three days in threads that had nothing to do with World War II?
And you're right, Europe didn't drop nuclear bombs on Japan, least of all Germany. I think they were busy with something else at the time......oh right. 😊

WWII was mentioned in this thread several times before, which I responded to. And are you trying to make what the US did look any better by pointing at Germany? While I'm of German nationality, forgive me when I say I don't feel sufficiently German to be hurt by your redundant stab at a completely unrelated country in this matter. Germany took the victims to designated places and killed them there, the US brought death to the doorstep of the Japanese instead, but at the end of the day it's the same unforgivable crime against countless innocent people and while Germany has no business throwing its weight around on Jewish turf, America should tune it down in Japan for similar reasons.

Wait a sec, aren't such totally OT lash-abouts at evil Germany the proof you haven't got anything else to contribute aka Godwin's Law?
Fail.
Germany's acts are unforgivable, but since this thread is about Japan and the US, take your Germany-bashing elsewhere. It's an insult to the victims to have their deaths abused as a "weapon" in a discussion where it doesn't belong. WWII should be kept serious and not treated like a mudfight tool.

Ooooo-kaaaaay.
I hope you're having fun up there on your high horse.

Personally, I'm enjoying it down here, where the world isn't all black and white.

High horse? Yes, a black Shirehorse stallion please! Oh please!
So, is Germany related in this thing, or is what the US did to Japan in any way forgivable? How am I on a high horse for truthfully denying both?

Nukes dropped by the US on JAPAN and then the US, in this case Marilyn, complaining that Japan isn't exactly wild about cuddling and helping the US given such - quite recent - memories, can be seen as quite a beautiful and logical example of "cause and effect".

Japan doesn't want to invest in the US economy because the US economy is in the crapper. Simple 's that.
That this has anything to do with nuclear weapons is just your wild imagination at work again.

Good night. :sleep:

That may be the direct cause for Japan's unwilling position in the debt case, but if the US had been "nicer" and more helpful to Japan in the past, I imagine Japan would be more willing to help the US, too. Relations are built upon past experiences with each-other. Also, I have mainly been responding to Marilyn's whining about the "ingrate" Japanese who don't appreciate the US bringing "Jesus" to them and all that crap while forgetting that the US mainly brought destruction and depravity to Japan, still do.

The material comes across more like someone who lives a hell of a lot closer to Japan.

Thank whomever translated "Art of War" by Sun Tzu.

I found his vast wisdom and knowledge "enlightening" putting it mildly.

Unlike most of my fellow people, I paid VERY close attention to him, and reread until I gained an understanding.

Chapter three pg 14.."Ultimate excellence lies NOT in winning every battle

But in defeating the enemy without ever fighting.

The highest form of warfare is to attack strategy

itself."

When I go to Japan next month, I'm probably going to convert a good chunk of money into yen and keep it that way. Probably as much as I can get through customs without having to declare. Just in case the US dollar implodes on itself and becomes worth less than the paper it's printed on.

It's been years since I converted foreign currencies back into USD when I returned to the not-so-longer good ol' USA.

here is something Master Sun Tzu forgot to make perfectly clear.

A TRUE warrior has a carefully pre-planned defense and offense strategy in place for every possiblity of defense his target can invent or even imagine.

That will be in my soon to released book.

watch for it in your stores soon.

The warning was prudent, and it would be irresponsible to say that American debt is a safe bet at this point. This has nothing to do with gratitude or international relations, but if you must go there, Japan has been enabling America's fiscal irresponsibility for a long time, just how long do you expect them to be a crutch for our dowager mentality?

Does anyone actually think that the rest of the world was waiting for one Japanese official to tell them the US is deep in the hole and likely to renege on their debts? Is stating the obvious some sort of betrayal? come on now.

Back
Top Bottom