What's new

Whyな in this sentence?

WonkoTheSane

先輩
Reaction score

My understanding here is "Because my hands are busy, you do my part of the waving."

I don't know why the な is there after から.

Thanks for any help!

mdchachi

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's equivalent to ね. な sounds more masculine. He's talking to a child hence the explanatory tone.

WonkoTheSane

先輩
Reaction score
I think it's equivalent to ね. な sounds more masculine. He's talking to a child hence the explanatory tone.
Thank you very much.

I noticed よつば (the child) uses what appears to be a backwards とin her speech bubbles sometimes. Is this just an affectation showing her speech is childish?

mdchachi

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed よつば (the child) uses what appears to be a backwards とin her speech bubbles sometimes. Is this just an affectation showing her speech is childish?
Probably. I don't read much manga but that would be my guess.

WonkoTheSane

先輩
Reaction score
Probably. I don't read much manga but that would be my guess.
Thanks. I'm not really a manga reader, but finding things at my level is tough. The pictures provide a ton of context which helps me parse the sentences.

I've been on a reading kick lately since I can check books out of my library back home electronically which has me really motivated to read in Japanese. I don't have anything against manga, I just like making my own visualizations when I read.