What's new

Who wants to read the first 60 pages of my unpublished novel?

Satorian

devil's advocate
17 Apr 2004
I mentioned having written a novel in some of the other threads and after having finished yet another revision feel like setting parts of it free and see whether there are people out there that remotely like it.

It's nothing special or of high literary merit, but at best fluffy poolside entertainment, should I have managed to achieve my goal.

Should you be bored at work, or looking for a bit of distraction, then you can find the novel's beginning at

http://oneamongmany.net/patterns.pdf

Of course I'd love to hear some comments, but please be honest if you indeed have a comment. If you want to do me a favour, be brutally honest. Otherwise it'd be hard to improve.

Thanks,
Mike

Hey! I'll read it since i'm obsessed with reading novels, poems and such things :p I'll comment when i'm done, but i can't promise when it will be since i'm currently reading Eldest by Christopher Paolini 😌

It reminds me of the stories I'd write in middle school,
All my teachers were like "these don't make sense, I can't understand what you are trying to write about,"

and that was my first reaction to reading your novel, I couldn't understand it, I could understand the words but I couldn't connect with your thought process/brain level.

The creative genius is there though, I can see it and so my only advice is after you finish this one, don't stop and just keep writing.

Josh

I like it....... of course there are some syntax problems and what not but overall good and interesting.... can u post the other remaining chapters plz :p

I started a bit yesterday, and I like the beginning, but for there are a lot of words for me that I have to search up in the dictionary.. I don't know how easy it is to read for native English.

I like it....... of course there are some syntax problems and what not but overall good and interesting.... can u post the other remaining chapters plz :p
You have to pay for that haha.

and that was my first reaction to reading your novel, I couldn't understand it, I could understand the words but I couldn't connect with your thought process/brain level.
No harm done. I guess we are different people then.

The creative genius is there though, I can see it and so my only advice is after you finish this one, don't stop and just keep writing.
Thanks. Writing has become quite compulsive behaviour for me, so I think I will indeed keep doing it.

As I've written at the end of the file and on my site: I will reveal more of the book each week until I have covered approximately the first third. My main aim is to find a publisher though and get all 450 pages of it into print.
As for syntax: There are some parts I want to rewrite (again) with which I'm not satisfied yet, but I had hoped it wasn't as prominent.

I started a bit yesterday, and I like the beginning, but for there are a lot of words for me that I have to search up in the dictionary.. I don't know how easy it is to read for native English.
I actually thought it was written in pretty plain language. I feel linguistically challenged when writing in English and suffer from a very limited vocabulary compared to my native tongue. ☝
I assume that kind of spoils the fun somewhat.

Oh, I hadn't spotted this before! I'm interested to read it - I will when I have more time and make a comment. 👍

Looking forward to your comments. :)

I just uploaded a slightly revised update. If you haven't read it yet, please download the latest version.

Back
Top Bottom