What's new

Who is more eviler, Steve Jobs or Bill Gates?

Mark of Zorro

先輩
4 Oct 2012
I know people adore these two because of the products they helped get to us, but I have read several nasty things about the two of them, such as ripping off friends and using loopholes in contracts to screw people over and destroy companies to increase their markets.

So which one is more evil?

I am also curious what details you know about these two and their evil ways.

Bill Gates is evil because he makes crap that frustrates me so much that I want to stab things into my eyes just so that I am not able to use the computer any more.

Steve Jobs is evil because he makes good, cool products that make me spend lots of money and go broke.

Bill Gates takes the cake.

Evil? - No, neither of them.
Nasty? - Yes, Jobs was from many accounts.
Unscrupulous? - Both have left a trail of fallen people and companies ... it would be impossible to become a billionaire without such a ruthless business heart.

The difference between the two in my opinion is that Gates will be remembered long after his death for his philanthropy as much as for Microsoft; whereas history will come to note that the real genius behind Apple's products was Jony Ive not Jobs.

Bill Gates is evil because he makes crap that frustrates me so much that I want to stab things into my eyes just so that I am not able to use the computer any more.

Steve Jobs is evil because he makes good, cool products that make me spend lots of money and go broke.

Bill Gates takes the cake.
Gotta agree, at least for the Bill Gates part 🤣🤣

I first started using Apple with the 180c PowerBook, still one of my favorite computers. As we suffered over the years with Microsoft and Apple the underdog, it was easy to complain about the evil Microsoft empire. And I clearly remember seeing an interview with Gates, when he was the standout richest person in the works, in which he was asked what he would do with all that money- when was it enough. To my amusement, he said he give most of it away… yeah right!

Fast forward, and while I still use Apple (and hate outlook and teams), I cannot say that either was evil.

But I can say that mr gates has become a major force for doing good

In some ways the Amazon leader could be considered "evil" I guess (though its a strong word)?? There are claims about Amazon employees working too hard and being underpaid, I hear it more about them than other tech giants (but I only know about the claims and not the facts)

Google in some ways could be considered evil too because of them tracking our lives too much, I agree but lets be honest that it became the normal for other companies too for a LONG time already, though Google does it more (a big quality G has though is that it makes possible for nearly everyone to access very important features, without paying or paying very little, while the others you have to pay for nearly everything even Microsoft Office....)

Facebook leader is not "evil" I guess, maybe in Fb early years between the co creators;
Zuckenberg is annoying as hell, dont like him but evil may be too much

Back
Top Bottom