What's new

Which smart phone is best?

thejapanguy

先輩
12 Nov 2010
With so many smart phone options, I feel a bit overwhelmed. You have iPhones, Blackberries, Storms, Galaxies, and all other kinds of things. I honestly don't keep up anymore. I'm one of the laggards. I still have my clunky, simple Softbank 812SH and it does just fine. I kinda compare my phone the T101 (You the original, Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator), it's outdated, but gets the job done:).

I know I'll probably be changing phones soon, but don't know if I'll get caught up in the Android, smart phone craze.

Are Android phones all they're cracked up to be? If so, which one is best?

I have the Android EVO from Sprint and have had it for seven months now and I must say that I love it. The screen is a huge 4.3in and it has basically become my computer, video camera (720p HiDef), camera (8mp), newspaper, music player, game player, GPS, TV and movie viewer, Kindle book reader, and phone all in one handy device. I use it more than I do my laptop. The apps are amazing and I can read and write in Japanese also.

Here in the US, the Android is quickly overtaking the Apple because of it's open platform where anyone can make apps or changes to the phone. With Apple, it's still closed.

Whatever you choose, you won't be disappointed. That's for sure.

I have been using Softbank's iPhone 3G for the past two years. I have just upgraded to iPhone 4 and couldn't be happier. I've never tried Android, but I do believe that we the consumers all benefit from more competition. Don, whatever smart phone you are going to choose, you won't be looking back to your clunkphone.
:D

I guess I don't have a life , LOL.

I have an old Tracfone from Wallmart I bought about 6 years ago. Because the minutes carry over from year to year I have almot 6000 minutes on it. In the many years I've owned it, I think I've used no more than 20 minutes total.

Uncle Frank

I have an old Tracfone from Wallmart I bought about 6 years ago. Because the minutes carry over from year to year I have almot 6000 minutes on it. In the many years I've owned it, I think I've used no more than 20 minutes total.

Uncle Frank

I don't have a life either! :D

I have a prepaid cellphone I use only when meeting up with friends. (Typical conversation: "Where are you now?" "I'm at... ") That's about it.

Being at home most of the time, my desktop PC suffices for most of my "smart" needs...

I'd love to buy an iPad but can't think of a reason why I need it... 😌

I've been using the XPeria a lot and it's been great, I don't have much experience with other smartphones though =/

WHOA! Huge help everybody! You guys are awesome!

I honestly don't use my clunk phone all that much. I do use the texting/email a bit, though.

I didn't know about the open platform for the apps, Pachipro, thanks 🙂
Epigene and Uncle Frank, my cell phone habits sound eerily similar to yours' :)
Thomas, I'm leaning towards the iphone, because I have so many of their products, but we'll see.:?
Real James, I don't know a whole lot about XPeria, but I'll definitely look into it, thank you👍

Okay so if you're an iphone user, why do you like it more than the Android phones? If you're an Android phone user, why do you like them more than iphones?

iPhone 3G here, going to wait for the next generation iPhone coming out in June or July. Couldn't be happier with my iPhone though.

Guess if Flash is important to you, then don't go with the iPhone. If you want a good solid system and ease of use, the iPhone's the way to go, but if you're more into power and adjustable memory etc, go with a different company. iPhone was rated the easiest to use right out of the box, followed closely by HTC.

Regza

If I didn't have my Xperia with its awesome Walkman mp3 player built in, I'd be strongly tempted to get Au's IS04 Toshiba Regza. It has a 4 in screen, 1 ghz snapdragon processor, Android 2.1, 12.2 Mpix cam, is waterproof, and includes mobile chip for Suica/Pasmo, etc, plus one seg TV.

I for one dont have an iPhone or anything else like that, Im quite happy with my Samsung J700i. And as its not worth alot, to me there are less chances of me being mugged for its cash value.

Back
Top Bottom