What's new

Which operating system are you?

Twisted

That man in the corner
15 Mar 2002
Take this quiz to find out which OS most matches your personality.

I'm OS/2 Warp... Not sure if i agree with that... :confused:

os2_warp-1.jpg

Hmm, I cannot complain about the results, even if it completely random as I said... Happy I didn't get the DOS 3.1 though ;)

xp-1.jpg

Heh, the one who wrote that text about XP has probably never used it. Strong and stable indeed. I think not!
It generates more blue screens then 95, 98 and ME did together.

Windows 98, hummm I donno if I like that, I don't have enough memory, what's with that? I guess it could have been a lot worse, Like windows me :box: Not to twisted: Windows Xp doesn't have blue screens of death, shows how much you know about computers, because Windows Xp is the most stable OS microsoft has ever made, maybe you have a virus and are too stupid to notice it!

debian-1.jpg

Hmm interesting...

Windows XP doesn't have BSODs? Is it a new version from Microsoft?? The one I've got (and also trashed) here used to BSOD everytime I connected my keyboard to the USB controller while streaming audio to another device. Wasn't it supposed to provide multitasking?

There's a list of XP BSODs at Microsoft's Support Center. Just look for it and you'll find it.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Squareboy
Not to twisted: Windows Xp doesn't have blue screens of death, shows how much you know about computers, because Windows Xp is the most stable OS microsoft has ever made, maybe you have a virus and are too stupid to notice it!

Tsssk, i've been using computers way before you were born.

I've used Windows XP at work and i've spend ages waiting for the system to unfreeze. You know, when you've just booted up the system and you start an application. The system just sits there and you can't click on anything. If you do the whole screen turns white and after about a minute it comes to life again. I've seen this happening on multiple systems.
XP does have blue screens and it also suffers from instant reboots for no apparent reason. It's very flawed

Perhaps the first servicepack fixed these problems, but i'll stick to Windows 2000 at home. That is the most stable system Microsoft has ever made... no actualy that was DOS 6.22

Originally posted by Twisted
Tsssk, i've been using computers way before you were born.

I've used Windows XP at work and i've spend ages waiting for the system to unfreeze. You know, when you've just booted up the system and you start an application. The system just sits there and you can't click on anything. If you do the whole screen turns white and after about a minute it comes to life again. I've seen this happening on multiple systems.
XP does have blue screens and it also suffers from instant reboots for no apparent reason. It's very flawed

Perhaps the first servicepack fixed these problems, but i'll stick to Windows 2000 at home. That is the most stable system Microsoft has ever made... no actualy that was DOS 6.22

Part of the problem is processors can only really handle one thread at a time. Just about every OS claims it's able to multi task, but when it comes down to it... the processor will handle one thing at a time. We usually never notice something like this until either some application or resource is causing some sort of trouble. a dual processor with the right software could be considered multi-threaded... but we have a long way to go before a lot of the problems are worked out. Probably the MAC is in the best position right now to controling that kind of problem due to the fact they pretty much make everything from the hardware to the software and impose very strict guidlines on 3rd party vendors.

Originally posted by Squareboy
Windows 98, hummm I donno if I like that, I don't have enough memory, what's with that? I guess it could have been a lot worse, Like windows me :box: Not to twisted: Windows Xp doesn't have blue screens of death, shows how much you know about computers, because Windows Xp is the most stable OS microsoft has ever made, maybe you have a virus and are too stupid to notice it!
it has, as well as any nt system has 👍

not sure of stability ... but it's more a problem of opinion more than anything else :D

Originally, the question was "Which OS R U?" and now it turns out 2 B OS discussion... Well, whatever...

I was really insulted by being labeled as Win95 OS! 😲
I'd rather be Macos X...

Returning to OS discussion, I must say I've tried many of them: almost all of Windows series (Win3.1/95/98/2000/Me/XP) and ALT Linux. What can I say... It's hard to call any of 'em perfect. You know...:giggle:

Therefore... guess if I have payed a penny for any of them...:devilish:

However, I have not much trouble using WinXp pro for my daily work and WinMe for games or cpu-intensive apps...

Heh, the one who wrote that text about XP has probably never used it. Strong and stable indeed. I think not!
It generates more blue screens then 95, 98 and ME did together.

Weird... I started using it about six months ago when I found out you can run a program twice at the same time as different users. I was pleasantly surprised: it has *never* crashed. With 98, I hit the blue screen of death at a minimum of once a week, usually more.

palm-1.jpg

Hmm... I took this same quiz a few months ago and came out as HP-UX. What does that mean?
:cautious:

Hehe...

I'm HP-UX. I'm still strong despite the passage of time and though there are few that understand me, those who do love me deeply and appreciate me....hmmm...

Oh well, quizzes are good fun anyway... :p

I got debian linux Eh thats better than windows 95. as for XP I use xp pro and I have never got a blue screen of death, maybe there something wrong with your hardware. As for you mac lovers, unless your doing hardcore DV editing/designing or Hardcore music editing, stick with win xp pro. Mac has very litte software, and besides you can't pirate nearly as much cool stuff

Originally posted by I dream of Kyoto
I got debian linux Eh thats better than windows 95. as for XP I use xp pro and I have never got a blue screen of death, maybe there something wrong with your hardware.
No there isn't. Tried the same thing on Slackware (connecting USB keyboard whilst streaming audio) and it worked flawlessly. I'm telling you, go to Microsoft Support Center and you'll see what I'm talking about. Besides, if WXP is so stable why do I have to download zillions of patches from Update Center?

As for you mac lovers, unless your doing hardcore DV editing/designing or Hardcore music editing, stick with win xp pro. Mac has very litte software, and besides you can't pirate nearly as much cool stuff

Lol, I'd trade anything to have a Mac. Little software? You must be joking. Since Darwin (OS X) is based on Unix, lots of applications can be easily ported to it just by recompilation. Ironically, some Microsoft products for Apple's baby run better on Mac than its Windows counterparts (Entourage and MacOffice beat the crap of Outlook and OfficeXP, for example).
Piracy? Congrats, you're really helping to improve the software quality and market ...

*shrug* im winXP ... xp looks like someone closing their eyes and sticking their tounge out at me, which i think fits that OS fairly well.

MAC's? It's disturbing how that apple logo was a rainbow colour... I wonder what THAT implies! Simple computers for simple people.

Erik, you've obviously never worked with a Mac, so until you do, i'd recommend you refrain from making comments on the OS.

I use a Wintel machine at home and at work i use a Mac. At work i use all those great graphic applications, like Photoshop, Quark XPress, Indesign, Illustrator, etc.) and if you know all the shortkeys for the OS and the application, you can work lightning fast. Faster then on any other OS.

At home i also use those applications on my Wintel system, but they're not even coming close to the ease of use on the Mac.

If i could afford it, i would put a Mac next to my Wintel, but that's the main gripe with those Apple's. They're just too expensive.

Erik, you've obviously never worked with a Mac, so until you do, i'd recommend you refrain from making comments on the OS.

I use a Wintel machine at home and at work i use a Mac. At work i use all those great graphic applications, like Photoshop, Quark XPress, Indesign, Illustrator, etc.) and if you know all the shortkeys for the OS and the application, you can work lightning fast. Faster then on any other OS.

At home i also use those applications on my Wintel system, but they're not even coming close to the ease of use on the Mac.

If i could afford it, i would put a Mac next to my Wintel, but that's the main gripe with those Apple's. They're just too expensive.

I'm not dissin the MAC's abilities! the rainbow is scary, and apple had a slogan once Simple computing. =)

But otherwise I understand quite well what they can do! Just don't have a use for it like the rest of the 90% of the world who don't use it. =)

i use Windows 2000 Prof. for my home boxes. heh, i don't like XP since it doesn't give me the liberty to reformat as many times as i want without having to ask permission from MS.

for my remote stuff, i use freebsd to irc, run my site, eggies and all the goodies.

Back
Top Bottom