What's new

Which is the best summer school?

Ivo

後輩
27 Dec 2007
Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask you to tell me what is the best summer language program in Japan?

I am a graduate student who's dissertation focuses on Japan. For this reason I've started studying Japanese language and would like to go to Japan this summer (for about 8 weeks). I'd like to enroll into a lower intermediate level summer course that:
- is not in any major city (Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe etc.) - I believe that a rural environment is more conducive to learning foreign languages
- has high teaching standards with well developed curriculum and small sized classes
- receives motivated students that come to Japan to learn rather than party
- has a good homestay program.

I'll appreciate any experience&knowledge that you can share with me. Thank you in advance,

ivo

I think you should look for summer programs that are been offered by Japanese language schools. You may take a look at www.yamasa.org. They are located at Okazaki, a small town not that far from Nagoya. A handfull of members here take lessons at this school and you don't hear them complain. I'm sure they also offer homestay.

Hello Homedruff, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've already looked at some of the schools (including Yamasa or Hif in Hakodate) but it's still difficult to judge from the web only;hence my thread. I hope to get some feedback from others who have already participated in some sort of a summer language program in Japan or who have good knowledge of this.

Back
Top Bottom