What's new

Where's the moshing?

Elgin

先輩
23 Oct 2003
How come every time I watch a Japanese concert there's no moshing? I think the closest I've seen was at a X-Japan concert where they were just jumping and waving there hands. 🙂

I can't say I have, I've seen some concerts on video but didn't get a good look at the people. I'm sure other J-bands like Cocobat, Balzac, Hellchild, SxOxB... have some crazy moshing. I guess once you hit big with all the little school girls around you feel left out.

Ok, Help The Old Guy Out??

What the heck is moshing?? The closest thing I've been to a concert is the show "CATS"! On TV I think the last concert I saw was Woodstock 1.

Frank

:eek: :mad: 😲 😊

Moshing: To knock against others intentionally while dancing at a rock concert.

Luc said:
How come every time I watch a Japanese concert there's no moshing? I think the closest I've seen was at a X-Japan concert where they were just jumping and waving there hands. 🙂

I think it's because @ X-Japan concerts the majority of the fans seem to be young girls.
And to be honest i think would have a hard time to moshing to X's music.

You'd probably see more people moshing if it was something like J-Metal, J-Noise, or one of the more louder types of music gigs.

Like the J-grind or J-punk I pointed out earlier. Anything is possible, just get some people and start moshing the rest will follow, Me and some friends started a mosh at a Swollen Members concert it was weird but at less it got it going.

The entire venue was a moshpit the last time I saw Snail Ramp live.

Fun fun fun shows.

Heh, would be funny to mosh at a J-Concert, all though I am not a hardcore Metal/Noise fan.. I tend to like the more relaxed music.

Also Luc, funny you say Swollen Members as I had never heard of them (They arn't known of down here much in the U.S.) I just started talking to Madchild but I don't like their music much.

Anyways I don't think I would be caught jumping around bashing myself into the next guy on purpose unless he pissed me off.

Ya I don't really like them too, but it was Snow Jam concert where many bands play. All I know is when The Dropkick Murphy's starting playing some punk started to kick around with his steel toe books like he owned the place.

Try 'Nicotine' live vids. The whole room gets going and the swimmers... I always wonder how they survive the drop? :auch:

I'll try and find some thanks, usually your suppose to help someone down from a fall not to be crushed after. I went to this concert and I picked up this girl who feel and she freaked out , swearing at me and ****. Well what can you expect from people who scream like maniacs when the sound test guy comes on stage.

Back
Top Bottom