What's new

Where is a good place to see the train pushers in ther mornings?

I'd suggest any main station in Tokyo, not just during morning rush hour but during shuden (last train) as well. Yamanote-sen always seemed crowded to me.

It is Shinjuku Station.
Shinjuku Station Chuo Line
I agree to an opinion of MeAndroo-san.
00:00 is the best. 👍

However,You may be unable to take a train
and may be unable to return to a hotel. 😌

I used Chuo Line. :(
When it became late by overtime work, it was always fear. :mad:

ditto to all of that
betting original poster wants to take pictures too?

Last edited:
thanks for your replies
yes thats correct, i want to take photos, not really that i want to get on the train
actually ive seen this before
i think it was a subway station near iidabashi or ueno but i dont remember too well
it was about 4 years ago
at that time i had just arrived in tokyo and decided to wait until it was a little quieter
i just had to wait for about 4 or 5 trains to pass, which isnt very long really

now i live in yokohama and i dont use early trains

if i go ill take a lot of pictures and tell you about it
thanks again

when you live in yokohama, just take tokado line and you can see a lot of aggresive people at kawasaki station.
Already full, but not many people get off at kawasaki... what will happen?

the only time I've seen pushers in Japan was during my trip to Tokyo. You guessed, it - Shinjuku :D but it was quite early, not at night. I've never even thought of nighttime, but here in Nara it's always busier at night. Then again, Nara is far from busy..

pipokun said:
when you live in yokohama, just take tokado line and you can see a lot of aggresive people at kawasaki station.
Already full, but not many people get off at kawasaki... what will happen?

this ive seen many times...i used to live on the tokaido line and before i lived on the keio line...pretty much the same experience
you think theres no more room but apparently there always is
sardines never had it so tough

actually what i want to see are the station attendants wearing white gloves making sure that they get the max no. of passengers onto a train

ill get back to you when i do

that is not it at all
they do it so that the people (being pushed on the train) don't lose face

Geez, Im gonna die! In Korea, I have never seen the need for pushers... I think there are enough old ladies to do that job, havent been on a subway that is ridiculously packed... what happens when you want to get off? Does basically half the train have to get off, and then get 'pushed' back on again? How many people miss their stops because they just CANT get through? Oh dear, im starting to panic now....

Kara_Nari said:
Geez, Im gonna die! In Korea, I have never seen the need for pushers... I think there are enough old ladies to do that job, havent been on a subway that is ridiculously packed... what happens when you want to get off? Does basically half the train have to get off, and then get 'pushed' back on again? How many people miss their stops because they just CANT get through? Oh dear, im starting to panic now....

your imagination has gone wild hasn't it but it's a surprisingly accurate description of what happens...good luck

on the other hand ive been here for 4 years and have never boarded the subway at rush hour

the keio line....yes
you think nobody else can fit...but they can and the next station and the next station.....

... Yes my imagination is sadly my downfall, but it serves its purposes, tries to ready me for unsavoury situations.
I think I too will avoid rush hours... Im assuming 7-10? That bicycle sure is looking good!

"u really think so?"
yes

"Does basically half the train have to get off, and then get 'pushed' back on again?"
yes

"How many people miss their stops because they just CANT get through?"
dunno. but its happened to me once

also have gotten off at wrong station and couldn't get back on -- had to wait for the next train

"I think I too will avoid rush hours... Im assuming 7-10?"
try leaving shibuya (hachiko exit) after 11 pm. post back and let us know

budd said:
watching japanese people

so should i assume youre a behavioral scientist then
i think anyway even if you are i shouldnt accept just what one behavioral scientist says

i would suspect it has nothing to do with saving face but has everything to do with being on time for work
and i would suspect that your comment was a not very clearly veiled racist comment
but these are just my suspicions and i am just one man

"and i would suspect that your comment was a not very clearly veiled racist comment"

i ain't never seen nobody get pushed onto a train in america
matter of fact, i ain't never seen a passenger train (in person) in america
but life goes on

"so should i assume youre a behavioral scientist then"

but i found pictures of the guys pushing people into trains on the internet and i wasn't even trying though :)
ciao...

budd said:
"and i would suspect that your comment was a not very clearly veiled racist comment"

i ain't never seen nobody get pushed onto a train in america
matter of fact, i ain't never seen a passenger train (in person) in america
but life goes on

"so should i assume youre a behavioral scientist then"

but i found pictures of the guys pushing people into trains on the internet and i wasn't even trying though :)
ciao...
how does something/nothing you "ain't never seen in america" have any relation to japanese people saving face
i think you forgot to make a point

hi guys,
thanks for all your info
well this is what i have found out
...........the worst stretch is between Ueno and Okachimachi stations on the JR Keihin Tohoku Line..........Peak hours vary from place to place inside the 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. time slot.....according to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport...

ill probably check it out within the next month or so, and I'll post a link to pictures for those who are interested :)

when I rode into Tokyo from Chiba in the morning (about 8ish) on the Sobu-sen there was some major squeezing going on to fit everyone in the train, by the time I got to the city an hour later the Yamanote line was surprisingly comfortable and I was even able to grab a seat. Your best bet is probably going to be between 7 and 8. Shinjuku sees about 2 million people go through it per day, there are bound to be some pretty packed 窶毒セヒ?オ窶彭ナステ there.

I only request that you try not to be too conspicuous with the photography, I felt bad watching the video of the station attendants pushing people onto the train and the foreigners taking the video were laughing and mocking them while the people around them tried not to take notice.

Back
Top Bottom