What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Where can i watch Online Streaming Japanese TV?(for language practice)

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
Where can i watch Online Streaming Japanese TV?
I'd like to practice on my japanese pronounciation and such.
Being in Europe i thought it might be handy if i could watch Japanese TV via the web.
Anyone knows where this is possible?(url's ?)

It can be about anything, news networks, entertainment shows, documentairy channels etc etc.

;)

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
Is your Japanese at a pretty high level already? If you're only beginner level, I fear that Japanese TV may be too difficult to follow for you to gain much. Perhaps buy a Japanese movie or other show on DVD - turn on the original Japanese soundtrack and see how you get on. It might be a good indicator of how well you can understand TV.

Tiger

kinjo

Sempai
Reaction score
Well, i already watched Battle Royale and am watching manga and anime.
Also have i played my Japanese playlist untill i know the text by heart.

So i really am looking for a bit of variation and i think Japanese TV would do quite well.

This kind of thing does exist right?
I mean Realplayer/RealOne have a huge selection of realtime TV, but that's more American and European.
I'm looking for something like that in Japanese.

tasuki

先輩
Reaction score
Well, downloading the Japanese version of RealPlayer or visiting http://japan.real.com/guide/pnon.html? and you'll find all that you may wish for. However, I'm of the same mind as Tiger... Watching anime with subtitles is one thing (I won't say anything about Battle royale...), but watching Japanese TV another thing entirely. I've been here for some time now and there are still things that completely baffle me... If you're resolute, trying the link above should give you enough stuff to have fun for quite some time. Cheers.

Top Bottom