What's new

Where can i buy UMAIBOU online?

How about finding a shopping agent in Japan?

30 umaibo may cost you around 15-20 dollars incl. its shipping cost by registered airmail.

But you may not import the new flavor, ox tongue or Gyutan to your country.

Yes it is. It happens to be a very popular menu item at Korean BBQ / Yakiniku restaurants. Unlike other Yakiniku items, it is usually eaten with salt and lemon juice rather than the soy sauce based dipping sause. I imagine this UMAIBO is flavored with beef stock powder with a hint of lemon.

I don't know from which country Yaokin, the company, uses the beef powder, but if it is the Japanese one, it may not import to your country. It is just a rumor, but the US custom officers are trained to read the kanji character for beef. And this is the mad cow disease related.

The recent price hike, moreover, affects Umaibo as well, the main ingredient, corn, decreases from 8 grams to 6 grams. The corm may be imported from your country or Australia.

Just a 10JPY snack, but it has to be survived under the present social issues.

15 different flavors now (from Umaibo Union)

I was at a convenience store this afternoon and bought the Gyu-Tan flavour UMAIBO in question. "Beef Powder" is not listed as one of the ingredients. It just says "Spices".

It was pretty tasty by the way.👍

Back
Top Bottom