What's new

Where can I buy mens traditional Japanese clothing? (In big sizes)

2 Oct 2009
Hooray, first-time post! Though, I've been a lurker here for a while. Well, I've been here in Japan as a student for about 3 weeks, so I thought it might be a good idea to actually make an account.

Anyway, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't really find a relevant thread with the info I need.
I'd like to buy some traditional Japanese clothes (You know, Kimono, Yukata, Hakama, Geta, that sort of stuff), both as a souvenir and possibly to wear while participating in festivals, special occasions, and such.

But, well, I'm a pretty big guy. I'm 6 feet, 3 inches (190 cm) and pretty broad-shouldered. So I'd need something at least an American XL. (I usually wear XXL, but I like loose clothes, XL should still fit fine)
I KNOW somebody makes it. And if there are ones big enough for sumo wrestlers, then there must be things in my size. I just have no clue where to get it.

So, does anybody know where I can get large size men's traditional Japanese clothes for reasonable prices?

Preferably a good website, or a shop somewhere in the Kyushu area? I'm located in Oita Prefecture.

I think that the best option to find mens traditional Japanese clothing is searching on google just type it and you will get a lot of links and I am sure that you will find the best clothing. I hope this will help you.

Back
Top Bottom