What's new

What's your skin color?

ghettocities

Sempai
16 Jun 2002
I wanted to know who here keeps a healthy tan and/or who here could care less and they are as white as a loaf of bread (White bread, without crust.)

I have a healthy tan!

Josh

I doubt the "tan = healthy" and "light white = unhealthy" are still correct nowadays.
Like, I got sensitive skin. Dunno why. If I stand in strong sunlight, like... let's take south Italy or Spain in the midsummer as an example... then I can actually feel how I get a sunburn, and it harms my skin. And think of the skin cancer rates in Australia as an example. here's a quote from a website about that:
One out of every two Australians will develop skin cancer at some stage during their lives.
of course, Australia is an extreme case, but it's not much less dangerous in other places unless you are really used to the summer sun.
I can only shrug at the madness of people working all the days in their office, barely see the sun, and then in the summer, take the plane to some southern country and there they lie down at the midday for several hours and think they're healthy then.

I have white "porcelain" skin, but I tan lightly in summer if let myself... alot of women use parasols during summer in Japan, and I was given one which I have used, so I haven't even had sun burn once this summer! yay!
It's just not cool to bake in the sun anymore.....

Well, I have that white, porcelain skin too. I used to get tan a lot when I was a child, because I was outside all the time, but since I don't get outside that much anymore, my skin has gotten white and burns very easily. Besides, I'd rather keep my white skin instead of increasing my chance for skin cancer...

I have a natural tan, which looks great! :) , but i don't think people should make a big deal about getting a tan, any skin colour can be attractive..

Originally posted by maji
I doubt the "tan = healthy" and "light white = unhealthy" are still correct nowadays.
Like, I got sensitive skin. Dunno why. If I stand in strong sunlight, like... let's take south Italy or Spain in the midsummer as an example... then I can actually feel how I get a sunburn, and it harms my skin. And think of the skin cancer rates in Australia as an example. here's a quote from a website about that:

Yeah it's strange in my case, I actually feel energized for some reason whenever I get out of a tanning bed, I mean it might be partial to my obsession with tan girls and myself being tan as well but then again I follow up on those seasonal-depression studies and always make sure come Fall/winter I have a golden tan at all times no matter how out-of-place it looks,, I just, if tan, feel better about myself, I don't know why.

Josh

Well, I can understand you, Josh. Even though I don't get a tan, I still love the sun and summer more than any other time of the year. I'd much prefer the sun shining bright and being warm than it being winter when everything is dead and it's cold. I can definitely understand where you're coming from. I also like to see somebody with a tan, I just don't have a dark enough complexion to be able to sit out and get one myself...

I believe I am solar powered! I LOVE summer.
I am.....samugari .....
actually on a guy I really like a tanned look. I'm sorry but white hairy legs/chest do nothing for me hehe.... my hubby of course has a yummy natural tan ;)

i get a natural tan during the summer and its fades abit in winter but not all that much. though it always appears that i have a pair of white shorts on. i used to work outside alot so im used to it.

I like breakfast in the sunshine on the terrasse of the house I live in too with my flatmates too. But in summer I feel all the time tired and can't really relax.

While in winter, I feel somehow more alive and have more energy.

Originally posted by nzueda
I believe I am solar powered! I LOVE summer.
I am.....samugari .....
actually on a guy I really like a tanned look. I'm sorry but white hairy legs/chest do nothing for me hehe.... my hubby of course has a yummy natural tan ;)

Hehe...have to agree there. I happen to love that naturally dark complexion with that dark hair and dark eyes... 😍

I must say that I found it very strange that my husband loved how white my skin was when we first started dating. After all, I grew up thinking tanned skin was much more desirable than non-tanned and used to spend a lot of time trying to tan myself long ago. How about your husband, nzueda? Does he also like that porcelain complexion?

I heard at one time the white skin was becoming less desirable in Japan because the younger generation was thinking it was a sign of sickness/weakness. I think that was another Japan Today article a couple years back...

Originally posted by kirei_na_me
How about your husband, nzueda? Does he also like that porcelain complexion?

I heard at one time the white skin was becoming less desirable in Japan because the younger generation was thinking it was a sign of sickness/weakness. I think that was another Japan Today article a couple years back...

Yeah, he does!...( but he mainly mentions how he loves my big green/grey eyes.... I have weird coloured eyes lol)
actually I've found women here are really protective about their skin. (parasols, white gloves, long sleeved tops in 36 degree heat.....) I get so many compliments about my skin.... but I used to be kinda ashamed of my white skin and tried to tan during summer. Before my wedding I went to my beautician to get tanning cream put on my arms and shoulders/back .... it turned out light, but better than a sun bed! (scary)
This year I've tried NOT to get a tan, I might as well take advantage of the fact white is popolar here and be sun smart at the same time ;)

I am white, white, white and do my best to remain so. That week waiting to find out the biopsy results can change you in big ways. Not that I hate to go outside or live in a cave. It is just that some folks, like me, need to take more steps to protect themselves from the sun. I don't tan, I burn.

If you are the fair skinned type, and if you every go to a dermatologist (skin doctor) and hear their talk about tanning, cancer and horrible ways to die, you too will be one of those who walk around in longsleeve shirts and big hats. Join us.

Maji- I hear you. Winter time is the wright time. Must be my nordic blood...

Originally posted by Mandylion
I am white, white, white and do my best to remain so. That week waiting to find out the biopsy results can change you in big ways. Not that I hate to go outside or live in a cave. It is just that some folks, like me, need to take more steps to protect themselves from the sun. I don't tan, I burn.

If you are the fair skinned type, and if you every go to a dermatologist (skin doctor) and hear their talk about tanning, cancer and horrible ways to die, you too will be one of those who walk around in longsleeve shirts and big hats. Join us.

Maji- I hear you. Winter time is the wright time. Must be my nordic blood...

Well, I'm also the type that's very white/pale and just burns in the sun...it's difficult to get a tan. The sad thing is that I love the sun, and especially the combination of sun,sea and cliffs.And at the sametime I'm extremely afraid of skin cancer...

I am Chinese and Mexican, so I have like the Chinese color except it's darker. So it's like I'm a dark Chinese! Yah, or something...o.o

"I have a healthy tan!"
i will read and comprehend this whole thread later (but i have to go to the broom)
ain't nobody bust this boy out yet?!! hahahahahahaha :)
do that! do that!

Originally posted by budd
"I have a healthy tan!"
i will read and comprehend this whole thread later (but i have to go to the broom)
ain't nobody bust this boy out yet?!! hahahahahahaha :)
do that! do that!

😄

It's a PARTY!

:eek:

COME on and join US!

:p

LET'S eat something good.

👍

LET'S eat something good!

(That's my song.)

Josh

Originally posted by ghettocities
I wanted to know who here keeps a healthy tan and/or who here could care less and they are as white as a loaf of bread (White bread, without crust.)

I have a healthy tan!

Josh

Pale. :eek:

I'm from central america (El Salvador) but I live in Canada, so I have latino skin.....brown skin like chocolate...😊

Normally, I'm "glow-in-the-dark" white, but I agree with Ghettocities on this one. I just feel better when I'm tan, and I frequent the tanning salon whenever I can. Of course, at present I'm unemployed, so I had to let my membership lapse and I'm very white as a result. I just don't feel as energetic and healthy as I do when I have more color. As far as health goes, it's all about moderation, because there have been recent studies about the benefits of tanning salons, as well as outdoor sunlight with respect to mood and hormone regulation. In fact, tanning beds are often used as therapy for mine workers who spend so much time underground. Also, sunlight--artificial or otherwise--has been used to regulate women's hormonal cycles at times. My family used to know the doctor (Zane Kime) who wrote the book Sunlight Could Save Your life. In that book, he talked about how sunlight automatically increases testosterone in men and estrogen in women, quite naturally. Of course, we all know the downsides of too much exposure to sunlight, but my point is there are healthful benefits as well. It's really an individual choice. It's nice that there's more acceptance of the very pale color, but personally I like a tan. Just my opinion, though ... :)

Well lets see...................
i'm far from pale
and i have no liver spots and age spots and moles :mad:
thank god!
and a lil darker then tan

I'm chocolate...............mmm that just sounds good. Everybody just let it roll of your tongue.

I'm choc-co-late👍

Back
Top Bottom