What's new

What's your favorite Anime/Manga?

Re: ...

Originally posted by soujiro
ok tha best series that im thinking of now..

escaflowne
injfinite ryvius
last-exile
scrapped princess
scryed
azumanga
berserk
haibane
saikano
kenshin / oav
flame of recca
stellvia
prince of tennis
x-tv
gundam seed
fruitbasket
read or die
initial D
x-driver
gate keepers
kiddy grade
ai yori
vandread
condor hero
gunparade march
wolfsrain
konamaki
hikaru no go
getbackers
onegai t, twins
gto
rahxephonnow here and then
pita ten
kokki
hunter x hunter
captain tylor
golden boy
shaman
lupin 3
cobra
starzinger

He said EScaflowne first!!!👍 👏 :p 👍 👍

eto... gs, anc, fy, rave, vandread, fruitsbasket, ccs, eto... I can't remember them all... T.T

My favourite of all time will always be GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES. So devastating, so authentic, so real. It's no easy feat to make it all the way through, but it's an enrichening experience, one that left me a babbling mess of boogers, drool & tears. I could hardly focus on the screen most of the time, I was crying so much. I took four breaks to make a stiff gin & tonic to soften the edges. My, that's the saddest, most eviscerating thing I've ever seen!

Recently, OSEAM and MILLENIUM ACTRESS have been very good. Last year's Academy Award winning SEN TO CHIHIRO NO KAMIKAKUSHI was a beautiful little piece of fantasia from Miyazaki Hayao. Highly recommended.

I would also recommend ONLY YESTERDAY, which TUGS at the heartstrings - and our own memories of childhood. I cried and cried and cried, especially at the end. Again, we're talking bubbles & bobbles & beads of tears & boogers. Not because it's a sad, depressing flush like 'FIREFLIES,' but because of the nostalgic melancholia built up throughout the picture, realized w/ good faith, love & happiness in finale. Younger audiences may not appreciate it so much, as they're still making their memories (then again, they may, as these forums are full of old souls, bless you all ^_^ ) - but for those of us who know what it's like to sit in a window & recall our years long past - growing up, pains & all - the film strums all the right chords that resound in the halls & chambers of our very hearts.

As for series/OVAs:

KITE: UNCENSORED - Wow. Just wow. Brilliant, tough-as-nails, slick action & one of the finest fusion jazz scores I've ever heard in ANYTHING, Anime, live-action or otherwise.

CHOBITS - Haha, can't go wrong w/ CHI-POWER! ^_^

TOKYO UNDERGROUND - Very sweet, stylish stuff. I imagine you'd enjoy it.

I, also, enjoyed the FINAL FANTASY UNLIMITED series. That was really great.

Oh, and I agree - GRAVITATION is a fantastic series. It's warm, affecting, w/ gr8 music & fun characters.

As a sidenote: DeadOrAlive! Your Hontaro siggie scares me! Evil! ^_^

name yuor faverite anime/manga and why

well i think minw would be

ANIME: Cowboy Bebop :win: 😍 :win:

MANGA: Jing King of Bandits :win: 😍 :win:

👍 👍 😎 👍 👍

well for the moment ou of what I've seen probably Fruit's basket & Saiyuki. but I often times change favorets. I just love them all (huggles my anime). I suppose it also deppends on my mood.

mine would have to be (well i have two fav. anime's
Anime: Love hina, berserk

Manga: nagima

Anime: love hina

Manga:love hina

nothin can be better then love hina 🕺 🕺 🕺 🕺

:? uh can some one tell me how to a pic under my name when you send messages :?

i recommend-
-fruits basket
-girl got game
-zodiac pi
-kare kano
-dnangel
they're all shoujos tho! so the guy's probly dont wanna read them! ^_^

My favorite anime list:

Including (when available) TV Series, sequels, OVAs, movies, etc for each Anime title. - ex: Ghost in the shell also includes STAND ALONE COMPLEX

TOP TEN
1. X ~EKKUSU~
2. Boogiepop Phantom ~ BUGIIPOPPU wa Warawanai ~
3. NightWalker -Mayonaka no Tantei-
4. serial experiments lain
5. Arjuna ~Chikyuu Shoujo Arjuna~
6. Rurouni Kenshin -Meiji Kenkaku Romantan-
7. Ghost In The Shell ~Kokaku Kidotai~
8. Jin-Roh
9. Neon Genesis Evangelion ~Shin Seiki EVANGELION~
10.Gasaraki
==========================================================

11.Cowboy Bebop
12.Wolf's Rain
13.CARDCAPTOR SAKURA
14.Gene Shaft
15.CHOBITS ~CHOBITSU~
16.Dragon Ball ~DOORAGON BOORU~
18.Saint Seiya ~SEINTO SEIYA~
19.Silent Mobius ~Silentu Moebius~
20.Cyborg 009

Well mine is
the five star stories
and
evangelion
but you need a lot of back ground on the story to really apritiacte them

Another excellent Anime title (that I sadly forgot to add to my fav list) is INTERSTELLA 5555, an animated musical with songs from French band Daft Punk.

Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Lost Exile, Witch Hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain, Naruto, Hack//Sign, GunGrave, 3x3 Eyes, Now and then Here and There, Getbackers, Scryed...are some really good ones. Another really strong favourite candidate right now is Samurai Champloo!

👍

Azumanga Daioh is indeed hilarious.

:D

starzinger

soujiro, I think I have an idea of where you are from, hehee..

:D

lolife said:
Another really strong favourite candidate right now is Samurai Champloo!

I've only listened to that Anime's Soundtrack (which is spetacular). I was curious to watch, but it's not in my list of priorities. Is it really worth it?

If you ask me, YES!

👍

I mean, two guys helps a girl looking for a samurai that smells like sunflower. One is a quiet and mystic sort of type, the other is straight on and have a real groovey swordfighting/capoeira style going on. What can go wrong?! The "mood" of the anime is a bit on the darker side if things, somewhat like Cowboy Bebop, if you've seen it.

Which reminds me, is there anyone here who knows if the song played in episode 14 is available somewhere. That part just... got to me...

😭 :?

Updated list... (don't worry, this is the last one, I won't post any more lists....)

TOP TEN
=============================================================
1. X ~EKKUSU~
2. Boogiepop Phantom ~ BUGIIPOPPU wa Warawanai ~
3. NightWalker -Mayonaka no Tantei-
4. serial experiments lain
5. Arjuna ~Chikyuu Shoujo Arjuna~
6. Rurouni Kenshin -Meiji Kenkaku Romantan-
7. Ghost In The Shell ~Kokaku Kidotai~
8. Jin-Roh
9. INTERSTELLA 555 - The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem -
10.Gasaraki
=============================================================

11.Neon Genesis Evangelion ~Shin Seiki EVANGELION~
12.Cowboy Bebop
13.Wolf's Rain
14.Gene Shaft
15.CARDCAPTOR SAKURA
16.CHOBITS ~CHOBITSU~
18.Dragon Ball ~DOORAGON BOORU~
19.Saint Seiya ~SEINTO SEIYA~
20.Silent Mobius ~Silentu Moebius~
21.Cyborg 009
22.Candidate for Goddess ~Megami Kouhosei~
23.8 Man After
24.Vampire Princess Miyu ~Kyuuketsuki Miyu~
25.Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040
26.Macross Plus
27.Spirited Away ~Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi~
29.Burn-Up
30.CYBER TEAM in AKIHABARA

some of the animes I like are...Chobits, Love Hina, Angel Sanctuary, Gravitation, Azumanga Daioh, Fushigi Yugi, Happy Lesson, Witch Hunter Robin, .Hack Legend of The Twighlight, .Hack Sign, Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu Yasha....

some of my favorite mangas are...Mars, Gravitation, Angel Sanctuary, Azumanga Daioh, Love Hina, Kare Kano, XXX Holic, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle, Battle Royale, Excel Saga, A.I. Love You...

I'm gonna have to say my favorite anime is Shaman King abd my favorite manga is SaiYuki

gantz is better the manga than the anime kinda sucks
initial d
naruto
flcl
beck manga is awesome
cowboy bebop

A lot of my favorite anime have been mentioned already, however my favorites are:

Fushigi Yuugi
Gokudo no Manyuki

I've seen too many hnnnn...and a lot of the ones I love have been mentioned but my favorites are:

Fushigi Yuugi
s.CRY.ed
Kenshin
Bakuretsu Hunters
GetBackers
Gokudo no Manyuki
Slayers

Back
Top Bottom