What's new

What's Up!

Viciousvee

後輩
26 Mar 2003
Sup guys,

New here. This has to be one of the best sites I have found in a while. Cheers to all.

I have a couple of questions those that have been to Japan.

1) How much did it cost for the visit.

2) Any interesting things to do in Tokyo (Currently thinking of just visiting Tokyo only)

3) Any good clubs?

4) Where did you look for, for the best deals or any sites with good deals.

I am planning to take a trip for about a month or if not. Two weeks.

Any Comments would greatly be appreciated.

How are the locals with Foreigners? I am an Indian American and have dreamed of visiting Japan for about 11 years now. I finally get that chance. But now that US is in war with Iraq, and with all this terrorism talk going on. I am little skeptical whether this is a good time to go. I was planning on going this July. It's not like me to think this way at all, but My friend who is Puerto Rican says that he had mixed feelings for the Locals, but Overall enjoyed his stay. I asked my Pen Pal (Who I'm close with) says that People are very scared and hope fully things will mellow down by the time I take my trip.

Any thoughts.

Thanks again.

Vee.

Hi Vee, welcome aboard, and thanks for your encouraging words!

As for clubs, entertainment & sightseeing, I'll leave that up to our Tokyo residents, they know better. Let's hope that global tensions will have eased by July, however I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.
:)

Originally posted by ghettocities
Tokyo Nightlife Info & How to meet Japanese Girls @

The Real Japan Guide

Josh

Thanks, its pretty neat. I have a couple of questions though. Hope you don't mind.

How much did it cost you to stay there. Oh and how long. I'm taking my time viewing your site. Very Interesting indeed. Good look man.

Thanks again guys.

P.S. really appreciate it.

Originally posted by Viciousvee
Thanks, its pretty neat. I have a couple of questions though. Hope you don't mind.

How much did it cost you to stay there. Oh and how long. I'm taking my time viewing your site. Very Interesting indeed. Good look man.

Thanks again guys.

P.S. really appreciate it.

Your cost will really depend on what you want to do, what you want to see, how much you want to party and/or anything that costs money. Of course there are less exspensives ways to travel but you shouldn't hold that to yourself, you shouldn't travel until you are ready to be livin' it up and the last thing traveling should be is a time in which you limit and/or worry about how much things cost. It's a time to spend, it's a time to celebrate in a sense, much as one spends money excessivly on or around their payday, worrying about anything will just take away from the experience itself, so when you travel, be prepared for everything and you'll laugh when you get a $200.00 taxi bill rather than skip your next meal.

Josh

Your cost will really depend on what you want to do, what you want to see, how much you want to party and/or anything that costs money. Of course there are less exspensives ways to travel but you shouldn't hold that to yourself, you shouldn't travel until you are ready to be livin' it up and the last thing traveling should be is a time in which you limit and/or worry about how much things cost. It's a time to spend, it's a time to celebrate in a sense, much as one spends money excessivly on or around their payday, worrying about anything will just take away from the experience itself, so when you travel, be prepared for everything and you'll laugh when you get a $200.00 taxi bill rather than skip your next meal.

Josh

Dam! And the Mega Million Lotto is only 12 Mil here.

I'm going all out for this trip. I have saved for the past 5 years working part-timers and full-timers jobs. I guess I should just live it up once I get there.

Do you know Japanese? I would love to speak the language so I could understand when they make fun of me...... I can then make fun of them..... Silence.... We all laugh together......

Dam! And the Mega Million Lotto is only 12 Mil here.

I'm going all out for this trip. I have saved for the past 5 years working part-timers and full-timers jobs. I guess I should just live it up once I get there.

Do you know Japanese? I would love to speak the language so I could understand when they make fun of me...... I can then make fun of them..... Silence.... We all laugh together......

I knew no Japanese when I first went and you really don't need to know any. I mention in the guide it's weird for foreigners to speak Japanese unless they have to, it's seems to Japanese people that you are trying to copy or pose as them and/or are really interested in Japan/Japanese, main thing to keep in mind is that we are foreigners, it dosen't matter if your white, black, indian, or hyspanic, Japanese people admire us as foreigners, and the only time one will honestly make fun of you is when you are acting/doing something stupid, like speaking Japanese (even if you are fluent.) , it's like a Kitten barking like a dog, I wouldn't go near it, so don't worry, be yourself and people will like you for who you are not like who you are trying to be.

Josh

"Language is a curse. One time I bought a book that teaches Japanese people how to 'talk dirty' in English for my girlfriend at the time, she then flipped to chapter six and made out the words, 'I'm on my period' , " - Josh Sehrer

Hmm... re: whether or not now is really the best time to travel abroad for an extended period of time, I guess it really depends on how comfortable you feel with the current state of affairs, both domestically and abroad. Personally, I might hold off for a bit as America's image internationally currently seems to be a bit tarnished at the moment--and as a result might have an adverse effect on you having the best possible time you can. Nevertheless, something like this should not be the deciding factor in your decision, but it is something to take into consideration I think...

"Language is a curse. One time I bought a book that teaches Japanese people how to 'talk dirty' in English for my girlfriend at the time, she then flipped to chapter six and made out the words, 'Im on my period' , " - Josh Sehrer [/B]

Man! Chapter 6 really sux.

I guess I won't be speaking japanese. I'll try to learn "Where is the Bathroom please" though. That! I don't mind if they make fun of me. J/k. I will be my self of course. Not a problem.

It seams you went to Japan this year. Did You enjoyed?

Originally posted by Iron Chef
Hmm... re: whether or not now is really the best time to travel abroad for an extended period of time, I guess it really depends on how comfortable you feel with the current state of affairs, both domestically and abroad. Personally, I might hold off for a bit as America's image internationally currently seems to be a bit tarnished at the moment--and as a result might have an adverse effect on you having the best possible time you can. Nevertheless, something like this should not be the deciding factor in your decision, but it is something to take into consideration I think...

One of my friends told me they were listening to news-radio the other day and the guy was talking about how pointless this war is and that, and I quote, "I'm going to take advantage of everyone not traveling and work on my tan in Hawaii." , I think now, or, in my case, this summer is a perfect time to travel, especially to Japan, they are on our side if anything, I have tons of contacts in Japan and they always say, "I hope this war ends soon, it's so sad." and that was in relation to american troops dying, being captured and everything, also when I was in Japan a few months ago I had talked to this girl and her friends about how Japan is glad Bush was elected because he would/does treat Japan a lot better, cares more about it than Gore would have done, which is one of the reasons I voted for him, so I say Japan will always be welcoming on foreigners, especially at this time and your more than likely going to recieve a few sympathy f***s in the process, good luck! I'll be out of my country during the 4th of July, time and what's going on in the world has nothing to do with traveling and or hooking up with Japanese girls, how patr-idiotic is that? hahaha...

Man! Chapter 6 really sux.

I guess I won't be speaking japanese. I'll try to learn "Where is the Bathroom please" though. That! I don't mind if they make fun of me. J/k. I will be my self of course. Not a problem.

It seams you went to Japan this year. Did You enjoyed?

I love it, one thing you'll learn is that each additional trip you take after the last will seem a hundred times better and you'll benefit from the experience a hundred times more, I plan on traveling all this year and then making DVDs of all my adventures and drunken excapades to show off to all my friends.

P.S. "Toire ni ikanakya!" I need to go to the bathroom!, I'll post more language help on my Real Tokyo Guide soon, peace out.

Josh

Originally posted by Iron Chef

One of my friends told me they were listening to news-radio the other day and the guy was talking about how pointless this war is and that, and I quote, "I'm going to take advantage of everyone not traveling and work on my tan in Hawaii." , I think now, or, in my case, this summer is a perfect time to travel, especially to Japan, they are on our side if anything, I have tons of contacts in Japan and they always say, "I hope this war ends soon, it's so sad." and that was in relation to american troops dying, being captured and everything, also when I was in Japan a few months ago I had talked to this girl and her friends about how Japan is glad Bush was elected because he would/does treat Japan a lot better, cares more about it than Gore would have done, which is one of the reasons I voted for him, so I say Japan will always be welcoming on foreigners, especially at this time and your more than likely going to recieve a few sympathy f***s in the process, good luck! I'll be out of my country during the 4th of July, time and what's going on in the world has nothing to do with traveling and or hooking up with Japanese girls, how patr-idiotic is that? hahaha...

Thanks,

I personaly don't care for this war. I might be one out of 100 million or 1 out of 100 that don't support the war. But I support our Troops no matter what. My friend is in that war as we speak.

I spoke to my friend who went to Japan. I cleared it with him. Well he says that It was something I guees he did that troubled the locals. He finally said he was drunk of his arsss. BAKA!

I hope nothing changes in Japan, What with all these talks about North Korea and all. That! Is my concern.

Thanks,

I personaly don't care for this war. I might be one out of 100 million or 1 out of 100 that don't support the war. But I support our Troops no matter what. My friend is in that war as we speak.

I spoke to my friend who went to Japan. I cleared it with him. Well he says that It was something I guees he did that troubled the locals. He finally said he was drunk of his arsss. BAKA!

I hope nothing changes in Japan, What with all these talks about North Korea and all. That! Is my concern.

If North Korea was anything like Japan and/or had anything even remotely related to Japan with exception to it's asian neighbor I'd re-route all my travels to Berkely California and Vancouver Canada hahhahaa. I know what you mean about your friend stationed in Japan being a drunk, I was questioned on weekends (thats when military/navy and such have time off) if I was stationed in Japan and the second I told them I was just a foreigner here to see mt.fuji (hahahaha and we all know thats not true,) I was rushed to the nearest lovehotel to see two totally different mountains.

Buy my clothes heh,

Josh

Japan is not the cheapest country in the world, so I`d suggest bringing a lot of cash. Bars and clubs tend to be really spendy, so it is easy to drop a hundred dollarts in one night just on entertainment. Trains and subway fares really add up fast as well. If you are looking for cheaper places to stay and don`t care about staying in luxury then maybe you want to stay at a youth hostel. I think they have various ones all over japan. If you want to eat cheap, then I`d suggest hitting up Matsuya or Yoshinoya, because you can get some beef-rice bowls or curry super cheap. I guess if you have a lot of money, then you really have no worries. Even if you don`t speak Japanese, you should be able to get around Tokyo no problem, because a lot of Japanese speak some English (not always a lot, but.....). My favorite hangouts are Shinjuku,Shibuya,and Kichijoji....there are so many bars and restaurants, it`s pretty crazy.....

Originally posted by ragedaddy
Japan is not the cheapest country in the world, so I`d suggest bringing a lot of cash. Bars and clubs tend to be really spendy, so it is easy to drop a hundred dollarts in one night just on entertainment. Trains and subway fares really add up fast as well. If you are looking for cheaper places to stay and don`t care about staying in luxury then maybe you want to stay at a youth hostel. I think they have various ones all over japan. If you want to eat cheap, then I`d suggest hitting up Matsuya or Yoshinoya, because you can get some beef-rice bowls or curry super cheap. I guess if you have a lot of money, then you really have no worries. Even if you don`t speak Japanese, you should be able to get around Tokyo no problem, because a lot of Japanese speak some English (not always a lot, but.....). My favorite hangouts are Shinjuku,Shibuya,and Kichijoji....there are so many bars and restaurants, it`s pretty crazy.....

Good thing also to do is when you go to nightclubs/bars, make friends with everyone, exchange business cards, especially with DJs, mangers and bartenders, this will allow you to be put on the guest-list (since you are one of those peoples invites) and that will save you 30.00 - 40.00 for entrance fees for next-day/next-week/upcoming events. I had been on like 7-9 guestlists and with that and asking for girls to buy me what they were drinking to get more drunk saved me well over 1,000USD during my stay. You really just need to know people, same goes for any situation in life.

Josh

That`s pretty cool, how did you get them to put you on the guest list? I haven`t really been to a club here in Tokyo myself, so I really don`t know how that works.

Originally posted by ragedaddy
That`s pretty cool, how did you get them to put you on the guest list? I haven`t really been to a club here in Tokyo myself, so I really don`t know how that works.

It's really easy, just make friends with the right people and as long as you present yourself in a fashionable manner then that's all it usually takes. I had mentioned I was put on guest-lists 7-9 times and not once did I ask, rather I was asked by DJs, bartenders and event managers. I'd say it's easier done than said but if it looks like you just rolled out of bed and half dead It wouldn't be the case but all the time, especially this past winter, I was asked if I could go, exchanged contact info and then I was notified by email that I was on the guest-list if I wanted to check out the event.

One thing is though most clubs guest-lists aren't actual guest-list, in the sense that you don't need to be on the list to get in as most clubs on the westcoast are but rather being on the guest-list just allows you to skip the door-fee and still get the free drink coupons, buttons or whichever drink token/coupons they have.

Josh

Back
Top Bottom