What's new

What's the saddest anime you've ever seen?

thejapanguy

先輩
12 Nov 2010
I know I'm a bit late in the game, but I've been really interested in the Ghibli films lately, because I haven't seen them all. I've heard people say that Hotaru no Haka ((Grave/Tombstone of the Fireflies) was a good cartoon, but really sad. I thought that surely it couldn't be that bad...so I watched it. Oh my freaking goodness! That is beyond a shadow of a doubt the saddest cartoon I've ever seen in my life! Don't get me wrong...it was very well done, very well animated (as most Ghibli films are), but that's about as sad as it gets.:(

How about you? What's the saddest anime you've ever seen?

Jericho, thanks for the reply. Okay, so how sad is this one exactly? If you had to rank it on a scale of 1 to 10. That Hotaru no Haka for me was easily about a 9...it was the kinda sad that put a damper on the rest of my day. Before I watch Magnitude 8.0 I want to make sure I'm "mentally prepared" if need be.

Well even if it made me that sad it might not necessarily make you sad, but I'd give it a 10, I was actually in tears. But for me Hotaru no Haka, even though upsetting, didn't get to me that much for some reason.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up on that one. I have to make sure I have comedies ready to watch immediately afterwards...maybe some Downtown Batsu Games or something.

I still remember the last episode of Code Geas season 2 witch made me hate my existence.
Also,Full Metal Alchemist is one of the most sad animes.

i need to check my hard drive again ;P

Graveyard of the Fireflies was the saddest anime I've ever seen. Sure there have been animes that have a few heart jerking moments. none of them hit you like a ten pound hammer with a five foot swing like Graveyard of the Fireflies.

Back
Top Bottom