What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

What was the best era/decade etc for Japanese music for you so far?

Tokis-Phoenix

先輩
Reaction score
Whether you're into Japanese rock, pop, dance or trance etc, what do you think was the best era/decade for Japanese music? Do you find yourself drawn more to the music of certain phases in history, or would you say that you find yourself having no preference for the era music you like was created in, or just only care about whats new and hot and whats not etc?

When it comes to Japanese music, recently i've found myself drawn more and more to the Japanese female vocal pop music of the 90's to early 2000 years- its very cheerful and uplifting and i think a lot of the the young women and teenagers appeared to be more creative, happy and sincere back then.
I'm generally more into jpop music sung by female artists, however i can't deny that i also have a liking for many other types of Japanese music like jrock (mostly by the male artists) and traditional music (the Yoshida Brothers are great) and even parapara stuff etc.

So how about you guys/girls :) ? What was the best era/decade etc for Japanese music for you so far :) ?

mishimon

先輩
Reaction score
oh god the sweet sweet late 80s when we thought we would live forever... *sigh* sweet sweet X and Seikima-II and Buck Tick. They got stuff done.

Top Bottom