What's new

What to look for when choosing a Japanese woman !

Shrapnel

Kouhai
3 Apr 2006
When looking for a potential life partner there are few things you need to look for. Here is a list of choices, feel free to add or dispute whatever:

1) If she doesn't eat sushi, natto, or tsukemono(salty pickles). Get rid of her quickly because she is a ticking time bomb nut case ready to explode.

2) If she doesn't drink nihonshu then she should be on probation for at least six months because you may be able to change her taste, but be very leary at the same time.

3) If she wears a dress over a pair of jeans, get rid of her. She lacks fashion sense and can be a potential embarassment for you in the future. She's very stubborn and unwlling to change, not even for you.

4) If she stops eating when she doesn't get her way or when she gets depressed, get rid of her. She can be a danger to you and the baby.

5) If you compliment her e.g. you say " You have nice hair" . The next day she cuts it off or changes the colour. Get rid of her quick !

6) She should have respect for her and her people regardless of past transgressions.

These things apply for women born and raised in Japan

Shrapnel said:
2) If she doesn't drink nihonshu then she should be on probation for at least six months because you may be able to change her taste, but be very leary at the same time.

Well, there went a noticeable bulk of Japanese women. . .

Oh, and I'll add one that I picked up on a long time ago. . .

If she was born in the year, month of the tiger. . . don't even think about it.

But of course we'll need a thread for what type of Japanese man to not hitch up with, too......lol !!!!

I'm struck by the cognitive dissonance caused by the idea of a person so apparently shallow as the OP searching for a "life partner".

I'm so glad that our friend shrapnel can pick and choose his mate like that, and that all Japanese women were born so (I'm assuming) he could judge them based on how viable a 'life partner' they would make.

Really was that meant to be funny? Ok so she may not like traditional Japanese food like Natto (it is a rare foreigner who likes it) and why should she have to drink? Who cares??

While you do have some points (e.g. stopping eating to get her way) that could possibly apply to a nutcase woman of any nationality don't define it down to only Japanese women, get a little life experience under your belt before you say things like that.

I think my only condition would be showing an unwillingness to think openly and consider other ideas or points of view.

It's a big deal I think

jieshi said:
Really was that meant to be funny? Ok so she may not like traditional Japanese food like Natto (it is a rare foreigner who likes it) and why should she have to drink? Who cares??
While you do have some points (e.g. stopping eating to get her way) that could possibly apply to a nutcase woman of any nationality don't define it down to only Japanese women, get a little life experience under your belt before you say things like that.

I wasn't trying to be funny. If a Japanese women cannot eat traditional Japanese food or drink nihonshu, of course unless she doesn't drink, then we are not compatible.

And about the nutcase remark, sure we can apply these to a variety of women but this thread is about choosing J-women.

If she is the afraid of her national symbols get rid of her.

8) If she travels overseas more than she does her own home country get rid of her.

are you talking about your own preferences, or are you trying to give us dating advice?

Shrapnel said:
What are "national symbols"? (Am I trying to read too much into it? 😊 )

8) If she travels overseas more than she does her own home country get rid of her.
Okay, I'm out here....:p :giggle:

Mars Man said:
But of course we'll need a thread for what type of Japanese man to not hitch up with, too......lol !!!!

Geeeh... My mother was born on the year of the dragon but my sister, cousins and most of the female teens I have around me were born the year of the tiger...

epigene said:
What are "national symbols"? (Am I trying to read too much into it? 😊 )
Okay, I'm out here....:p :giggle:

I don't see what's wrong with trying to escape on's own country ^^'

but this tread is weird in a sense where I don't understand why someone would want to "choose" a japanese woman over others...
I mean that I can't imagine myself falling in love with a woman because she's japanese, but more likely because of her personnality and character...

Mars Man said:
Tigers? Tiger women are nice--because many of my friends are Tigers and happily married.
It's Horse women--especially "Hinoe uma":
Iron Mountain Data Centers | Colocation Services
My mother is a Horse, though not a "hinoe uma"... :giggle:

My husband and son are Roosters--they are very loud when they complain! :D

dreamer said:
I don't see what's wrong with trying to escape on's own country ^^'

Neither do I...there are people from all over the world who re-locate elsewhere.

The lady who runs my local Sushi house found it practically impossible to find work in Japan, as the world of the Sushi Chef is so male-dominated (something about womens' hands being 'too warm' to be a good chef) - so she set up a business here and is doing very well...

...I don't like football (or Cricket), rarely drink beer (or tea!), mainly avoid 'English' food, but it doesn't mean I don't like England, or am weird. (although some people might disagree)

My Japanese lady friend is totally crazy about England (especially London), but has been here enough times understand the place beyond just a fantasy, so I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
After all, I (like many others on JREF) am fascinated with Japan, but I think most of us would consider ourselves quite well balanced.

Although some of Schrapnel's examples of behaviour are danger signs, I don't think all are cause for concern.

Shrapnel said:
I might be hesitant to get involved with a chick who loved her national symbols (read Nationalist, and perhaps even Uyoku).

Geez, Shrapnel could just stand outside the station handing out questionaires for the ladies to fill in, would save him sooo much time </sarcasm>

epigene said:
My husband and son are Roosters--they are very loud when they complain! :D

Hahah epigene! Im a Rooster, and very vocal when I complain also!
Thats very funny... is it only us roosters?

You did say 'feel free to add or dispute'. I think that includes negative critiscism.
Even sarcasm holds a note of sincerity to it.
As you can see I didnt add a list of korean women. Im keeping it all to you and your opinions of japanese women :D

RockLee said:
I wouldn't see how anybody with a bit of sense thinks of this thread as 'serious'.
Is it? :p
Anyway since I doubt I'll ever try to date a japanese girl, it makes me laught to see people still think that some of the stereotypes are true ^^

Back
Top Bottom