What's new

What manga are you reading at the moment?

Well, I've got several series in the queue right now, all of which I'm thoroughly enjoying. In alphabetical order, those series are:
Absolute Boyfriend (another winner from Yu Watase)
Ai Yori Aoshi
Fruits Basket
I's (more female eye candy from Masakazu Katsura of Video Girl Ai fame)
Negima! (plenty wacky and lots of fun)
Oh! My Goddess
Remote
Yubisaki Milk Tea (an unusal slice of life manga where the star of the series is a high school boy who's secretly a crossdresser and is in something of a romantic triangle. I can't explain why it appealed to me, but I found it interesting)
To Mycernius: Uzumaki was perhaps the most bizarre manga I've ever read. I've also seen the movie, but it doesn't come close to equaling the weirdness factor of the manga.

Here's what I've added to my reading list since then:

--Battle Vixens (this manga is wild, crazy, vulgar, more violent than a Tarantino flick and funny as hell, I love it!)
--Tenshi Ja Nai
--Hellsing
--Chibi Vampire
--Rose Hip Zero
--Vampire Knight
--Battle Club
--Princess Resurrection
--Kashimashi
--My Hime

At the moment im up to
death note 11
GTO 23
Conan 8
Vagabond 14
Dragon ball z 1
Kenshin 2

i have a few more but at the moment im not keeping up with them. Im majorly into Death note and trying to finish off GTO.

I just read Death Note 1 & 2, Hikaru no go 1, and didn't really enjoy. I guess I just grew out of manga after Jr High.

got tired of shoujo, a lot of crap plot. I'm reading mostly josei/borderline josei stuff, like:

Bito Lolipop v1, Iketani Ricaco
Oboreru Knife v6, George Asakura
Piece of Cake v1, George Asakura
Clover, Chiya Toriko,

and some shonen:

Welcome to the NHK! v7
BLEACH v28.

I still am following certain shoujo in Betsucomi magazine every month:

bokura ga ita, by Obaata Yuki, for one, and mens kou by Kaneyoshi Izumi.

I'm (still) reading Negima!
I've added a few new titles to my list, so here goes!
Genshiken
GetBackers
Midori Days

And I hope to get more soon. 👍

Vampire doll, Blood suc....ker and Gothic Sport.

I just read Trash. It was awesome.

I also read Model a while ago. Just volume one.

That's my entire manga history.

Never fancied reading Negima. I did watch the first episode of the anime, but wasn't really moved to watch anymore.
Currently reading
-Chibi Vampire
-Lament of the Lamb
-Gunslinger Girl
-Immortal Rain

Never fancied reading Negima. I did watch the first episode of the anime, but wasn't really moved to watch anymore.

I'd recommend it, even though it starts off slow. The majority of volume 1 is devoted to character introductions (and there's a whole boatload of them, so if you do read it, be prepared) and background story. However, by volume 2 the story goes into full swing and the action really gets going. The only real gripe I have about it is that the story takes a while to get going, and even then it doesn't move very fast. Plenty of time is spent on little details and side stories. 😌

Anywho, I forgot to add that I'm also reading Chibi Vampire. 🙂

At the moment I'm reading Death Note and Ouran High School Host Club, and I'm also half way through A.I. Love You but I'm sort of on a hiatus with that.
I started to read Demon Diary (got up to volume 3) but it's just annoying me.

Anywho, I forgot to add that I'm also reading Chibi Vampire. 🙂

The first volume of the anime based on that manga, called Karin just came out and so far, it's pretty faithful to the manga. There's also a couple of Chibi Vampire novels out. I recently read the first and it wasn't too bad.

A new series I just started in on, Iono-Sama Fanatics is loopy like nobody's business. The story centers around Queen Iono, ruler of a small, unnamed country who comes to Japan with her all-girl entourage for the express purpose of building a female harem (she calls them "sobanes") as she has a serious case of the hots for Japanese girls with long black hair. Like I said, it's pretty loopy.

:p

A new series I just started in on, Iono-Sama Fanatics is loopy like nobody's business. The story centers around Queen Iono, ruler of a small, unnamed country who comes to Japan with her all-girl entourage for the express purpose of building a female harem (she calls them "sobanes") as she has a serious case of the hots for Japanese girls with long black hair. Like I said, it's pretty loopy.
:p

Iono-Sama Fanatics
http://www.moonphase.jp/iono.html
51i2uCkipLL_SS500_-1.jpg

I did not know this MANGA.😌
The MANGA which seems to be somewhat interesting.
Because I think that it is not sold in a neighboring bookstore,
In Kanda bookstore street or Akihabara, I try to look for it.

- Hellsing
- Saiyuki Reloaded
- Alichino (Still waiting for Volume 4 ;___; )
- Vampire Knight
- GetBackers
- Petshop of Horrors (Love Count D <3)

Our friends, the Japanese certainly come up with some incredibly wacky ideas for manga, and yesterday, I discovered yet another bizarro, but enjoyable (to me anyway) series: Pretty Face.

The star of this series is Rando Masashi, a cocky teenage martial artist who's face is destroyed in a bus crash. When he wakes up from a coma a year later, Rando discovers, much to his horror that a plastic surgeon recreated his face from a picture found in Rando's pocket, but that face is of his secret love, Rina Kurimi. Yep, he's been given a girl's face, but everything from the neck down is still male! Things then wackier when Rando's mistaken by Rina for her long lost sister Yuna. With his family having moved while he was in his coma, Rando has no choice by to move in with Rina and be her sister instead of her boyfriend.

Like I said, seriously wacky. I have no idea what to compare Pretty face to, but hey, I got a goodly number of chuckles out of it, so I'll keep on reading.

👍

At the moment- Legal Drug. It's CLAMP, enjoying it so far. It hints at shonen-ai kinda.
Lolipop - i really wanna read 'Welcome to the NHK' what do you think of it?
Flashjeff- a friend recomended 'Yubisaki' to me but haven't got around to it yet. Sounds weird:D
Theres so many I wanna read but I'm totally strapped for cash at the moment, you know how it is:D

-Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden
--anybody know when volume 6 is gonna be released??:(
-Skip Beat! (vol 8 on sept 4th)
-Shinshi Doumei Cross (The Gentle Men Alliance Cross-vol 3 sept 4th)
-Yurara (vol 2 sept 4th)
-LIFE (vol 6 sept 4th)
-Gothic Sports (vol 2 sept 4th)
-Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (The Wall Flower) the manga here is $15.99 :(
-Vampire Knight
-Never Give Up
-Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (For You in Full Blossom-borrowed)
-Immortal Rain (borrowed-vol 8 sept 4th)
-Deathnote (borrowed)

I'm reading Kingdom Hearts if it counts. My mate just let me borrow them. They are mental to put it mildly.

Battle Royale vol.1. Have to find out what all the fuss is all about and I loved the movie. Planning to read the novel too.
👍

I'm reading Tsubasa Chronicles (as the scans come out), and I want to pick up Death Note, to see how much different (if at all) it is from the Anime.
*needs to find more manga to read*

Back
Top Bottom