What's new

What Japanese know about Poland?

Kama

Okama XD
10 Mar 2004
Wanted to ask you few questions about Poland & Polish. I have the data from before EXPO in Aichi 2005. Now wanted to check if something changed.

1. What are your association with Poland & Polish?
2. Did you hear aomething more about Poland? If yes, where or who told you that?
3. Do you know any famous Polish?
4. Did you read Polish book or seen Polish movie> What was that?
5. Do you know any Polish goods?
6. Do you want to go to Poland? Why?
7. If you, or one of your freinds etc. where in Poland, what did ypu (he/she) think about Poland & Polish? When and where you (he/she) was?

Thanks in advance.

2. Did you hear aomething more about Poland? If yes, where or who told you that?
5. Do you know any Polish goods?
6. Do you want to go to Poland? Why?
7. If you, or one of your freinds etc. where in Poland, what did ypu (he/she) think about Poland & Polish? When and where you (he/she) was?

2)Yes,
http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/kurasyo/img10444704796.jpeg
polish history until 1815.it is a famous manga about that
and this one.. Flash倉庫:大和魂とポーランド魂 New Version
polish refugees in Siberia
Siberia Children
3)
Mikołaj Kopernik
Chopin
Madame Curie
Andrzej Wajda ...
5)
these are very famous
zubrowka
spirytus....
6)why not?

traditional polish dance is so attractive

Konnichiwa Kama-san!

Warsaw Treaty Organization.
A neighboring country of German.

Papacy John Paul II (Karol Józef Wojtyła)
Fryderyk Franciszek Szopen
Mikołaj Kopernik

Avalon
This is a Japanese movie but all characters are Polish.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon_(2001_film)

Sorry, I don't have a lot of information about Poland.😌

NANGI

Hello, caster-san & Nangi-san. Thanks for your responses.

Nangi-san, well, you don't have to worry about that. This is not a school test or something like this. ;) A lot of people here don't know about Japan ;)

In line with Nihonjinron... to answer this question we must not ask what Japan knows about Poland, but what does Poland know about Japan.

Poland is quite right-wing....
but the people are friendly...

it's not as cheap as it was before....

but there is still plenty of fun to be had...

I'm glad there are some ties between Poland and Japan. Being Polish myself and being very interested in anything to do with Japan/Poland. I never heard of this movie "Avalon", I would like to watch it:)
I also tired to find some Polish manga/anime and came up with some cool results. A character- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minotauros_Gordon

w.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=7785

since it wont let me add url i had to cut the link short a bit. Just add ww to the second link, and www to the wiki one.

first one is a polish anime character in an anime called Saint Seiya and the second is an anime about The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

In line with Nihonjinron... to answer this question we must not ask what Japan knows about Poland, but what does Poland know about Japan.

I don't understand this. Can you explain?

Japolak, of course, there is "Aż do Nieba" (Polish title, by JPF) or "Ten no hate made" original title. Manga by Riyoko Ikeda ("lady Oscar").

I don't understand this. Can you explain?

Could be wrong here but I think what is being requested of you is for you to share what does Poland or the Polish people think about or know about Japan.
Same question you asked for the most part just reversing the direction.

Emoni wrote;

Now then I would ask, what difference does it make? A Polish guy came here asking Japanese people about their thoughts, opinions and ideas about Poland and you toss it back at him.

You come across to me at least as wanting to start an argument with the guy for asking a fair and rather simple question. What's the point of your asking? If you want to know the answer to this question quoted here why not start your own thread.

If somebody want to know how Polish see Japan and Japanese, and what do they know about this, I can write about it a bit, as it was my MA thesis theme. ;)

And btw, I'm "she" ;)

If somebody want to know how Polish see Japan and Japanese, and what do they know about this, I can write about it a bit, as it was my MA thesis theme. ;)

And btw, I'm "she" ;)

I apologize about refering to you as a "he", it was not intentional.

Well I would be interested in hearing about what the Polish people think of Japan, my family has it's roots in Poland and western Russia and I live in Japan.

Siberia Children
Poland was divided by Russia at ending of 18th century.
They fought tenaciously for it.
in 1904, Jozef Pitsudski visited Japan during russo-japan war.
he said " let's fight togather"
Concrete contents were
Poland do destruction of Trans-Siberian Railway
drafted polish soldiers by russian were escaped....etc
Japan do Independent support of Poland...

aother famous politician DOMOSKY also came to Japan.
He insisted Jozef Pitsudski proposal is unreal to Japan
then. Japan decided to adopt only handling to the Polish captive friendly in his Proposal.
Pow in matsuyama was one of them
When Japan broke Baltic Fleet by Battle of Tsushima, all Polish captives called out the cheers.

1918 Russian revolution
Japan helped polish unit to escape siberia.
it bacame Siberian Intervention
Siberian intervention - Wikipedia

I was forgetting a famous polish for the Japanese
Feliks Jasieński – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia

Kirin, sure, you want me to translate results of my anquette? (It's not representative, I intervievewd ony about 120 Polish) both interested and not interested in Japan.

Caster, I was yesterday at Manggha museum in Cracow. :) But I didn't know he was famous in Japan.

Kirin, sure, you want me to translate results of my anquette? (It's not representative, I intervievewd ony about 120 Polish) both interested and not interested in Japan.

Caster, I was yesterday at Manggha museum in Cracow. :) But I didn't know he was famous in Japan.

Oh no, please dont go to that trouble, maybe you could just share some of the highlights of things that Polish people think about Japan and Japanese people. It's always fun to hear about what other people think about Japan and their ideas or thoughts about people here.

Might I add that in living here for well over two decades I have never heard of the people that Caster was refering to in his posts.

Not to say that these people were not important in their time, but I am curious a bit about if they are famous today.

-
This would be a question to ask Americans (born in USA).

I know very little
- > Proud people
- > Polish-American are proud of their heritage
- > Long names
- > Invasion by Germany in WWII
- > Invaded by many countries, over history
- > The Solidarity Movement.
- > Today; what is Poland. Its an interesting question. You really do not hear much in the USA.

p.s: produces great Mathematicians, and always has.

end_.

Andrzej Wajda is famous Polish film director. I had look at "underground...."
It was very good film.

Back
Top Bottom