What's new

What is your most embarassing experience in Japan?

i don't think that's embarassing :)
falling out of the dorm window wearing only boxer shorts is embarassing
car catching fire on campus is embarassing
laughing and blowing snot or farting accidentally is embarassing
but that's just my opinion

puking in a sushi restaraunt on my first day in japan at my first time to eat sushi. It was the rice and nori combination which did it. Bear in mind that this was in osaka at around 6pm ( crowded )

Everyone was so friendly!

My first day in Japan was so great. All the Japanese people around me were saying HI to me. I smiled and waved Hi back.
Only a few days later did I learn they were saying YES in their conversations with others.

My first time at a sushi resturant, I was nervous because iI was the only foreigner in there. My friend of course ,Japanese.
I was watching them eat sushi and tried to do the same thing with tako(otopus) sushi. I ended up choking on it because I tried to chew it whole and swallow. Needless to say, I spent time in the toilet room and when I came out, I met a lot of smiling faces.

I also have done the konnichiwa thing when they were really talking to the person behind me. I really wanted to climb into a whole after that. 😊

Budd, thanks! Now I am releived that I wasn't embarassed afterall. What is your most embarssing moment or do you have one?🙂

Re: Everyone was so friendly!

Originally posted by Frank D. White
My first day in Japan was so great. All the Japanese people around me were saying HI to me. I smiled and waved Hi back.
Only a few days later did I learn they were saying YES in their conversations with others.

hahahahahaa thats really fuuny :D at leats you can look back and laugh at it, right?

I havent been to Japan...its not fair.... someday I will :)

It's funny I don't recall any really embarrassing moments. I think my mind has blocked out the bad memories.

I have a friend who was introduced to a girl named Umiko. It went something like this:

> This is Umiko.
> Unko? Nice to meet you Unko.

He didn't hear correctly and thought her name was Unko!

"Does anyone have the same problem?"
everybody does that at one time or another

that reminds me
a friend was visiting with his wife's family and her aunt was telling him about some sort of method where it was a special price for some sort of service with some government (i don't recall that part)
he said "oh really? i hope so!"
she thought he said "aho! kso!"
still not gonna tell mine --- i don't need no black sword on my passport, no sir

Originally posted by budd
"Does anyone have the same problem?"
everybody does that at one time or another

that reminds me
a friend was visiting with his wife's family and her aunt was telling him about some sort of method where it was a special price for some sort of service with some government (i don't recall that part)
he said "oh really? i hope so!"
she thought he said "aho! kso!"
still not gonna tell mine --- i don't need no black sword on my passport, no sir

Hahahahaa, yeah I was going to tell about mine but I don't want a black sword stamp on my passport either.

Josh

Back
Top Bottom