What's new

What is your homepage?

DoctorP

先輩
3 Jun 2004
Do you have a specific page that you like to view when you first connect to the internet?

I know that many people have theirs set to news sites, others to search engines.
I find it interesting what other people set their homepage to. Mine is usually set to my family website so that I may see if their are any important changes or messages from my family in the States. We have the entire family on the site to include all neices/nephews and cousins.

During football season, my homepage is usually set to CBS Sports - News, Live Scores, Schedules, Fantasy Games, Video and more. so that I may be able to easily follow scores and team news. I find this site to be better than most of the other sports sites.

How about you? What is your homepage?

I have mine set to the comcast.net home page as the first thing I do is usually check e-mail. During football season it is set to the Tennessee Titans home page.

CC1 said:
C'mon Josh, even you couldn't be so bored as to visit that site more than once in your life!

I visit my site atleast once a day, even if it had been a hundred days of no updates because it is really the only entertaining Japan site on the internet, either that or I just really love looking at myself.

Josh

ghettocities said:
I visit my site atleast once a day, even if it had been a hundred days of no updates because it is really the only entertaining Japan site on the internet, either that or I just really love looking at myself.

Josh

Please give me an empty bucket or something...

I used to have my website on Jref, but since I changed my location it is set on www.telegraaf.nl , a dutch news website.

I have a few.

#1 would be www.focusfanatics.com
Owning a Focus SVT with some mods here and there, I like to talk about this car with others that enjoy the same as me.

#2 would be www.simhq.com
Where else could I get into flame wars and talk about my favorite flight sims, as well as help others out. :)

#3 would be www.jref.com
Of course this would be one of them! Who can forget about the great people here as well as a place to learn Japanese and help others too!

Other various sites I like to visit to watch videos is:
www.youtube.com
www.streetfire.com
www.myspace.com

LAST bu not LEAST.... www.ebay.com! Found some good stuff for the car as well as sold some good stuff! What a way to earn money to buy what you need or want!

Thanks guys...I enjoy checking out new sites and I thought that this thread would be a good way to learn what others find important to them, or at least important enough to check first thing when they log on.

I knew that many people would be set to web mail and news sites. I have all of my mail running through a desktop program that a friend of mine made...it allows all of my email accounts to funnel together, so there is no need for me to check them on the websites.

I don't list JREF as a homepage, because there are too many times of inactivity on the site. Although I do spend a lot of time on here.

My homepage is usually set to Yahoo for easy access to email and fantasy sports. The only other homepages I've used are google (before google taskbar) and AOL (before I got my yahoo account).

Everything else I need is bookmarked.

Google. I have a Google Account and therefore when I log on I can immediately see e-mail, weather, news, do the daily crossword, etc. 👍

News for me as well, but it is NHK Japan which hasn't been mentioned yet. Much more comprehensive and balanced I think (particularly regarding international reporting) than Asahi.

Plus the stories are basically transcriptions of aired features so it's easy to follow along with the streaming audio version. :)

NHK

Yeah mixi is a good one, except I only have two friends added that met me at bars in Japan and so they arent even friends! I just put down the ground and people built on me.

Josh

Well, being a sports nut, my first stop is The Sporting News so I can catch up on all of the previous night's action, late box scores and reader's posts. Next is the website of Philly's all news radio station, KYW-1060 where I get the latest non-sports news and the day's weather forecast. After that is Anime News Network which keeps me appraised of everything going on in the world of anime. Then I swing by here! Gotta have priorities in life. Heh!

:)

I'm like MeAndroo. I have mine set to Yahoo. I know it's boring, but that is the first thing I do every morning when I turn the computer on. Check my Yahoo mail...

Last edited:
yahoo. kinda dont know why i only use that email for junk. i use google for searches and msn for hotmail and chat.

I have a personalized Google page as my homepage...I have my del.icio.us bookmarks, calendar, news from Slashdot, and しょこたん☆ぶろぐ on it, as well as other things. XD

Yahoo.uk, mainly because I don't get a newspaper anymore, and rarely
watch the news anymore, I can see the news headlines straightaway.

Back
Top Bottom