What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

Question What is this charm at Meiji Shrine??

Carly97

後輩
Reaction score
It's not letting me post a picture so i have to describe it. I got it from one of the priestesses at Meiji Shrine in Tokyo.

It came in a nice box with a piece of paper that has Japanese writing on it.
It is wooden. It smells really good, presumably from the wood.

It is rectangular but comes to a point at the top.

It is partially wrapped in paper (i think) but tied together by a gold and silver string. I don't think it is gift wrap, but part if the charm(?).

It has calligraphy on the front.

I paid 3000 yen for it.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
You can upload attachments of up to 2 MB. If your photo is larger please resize it.

Update: just checked, the maximum attachment size is actually 4 MB!

Last edited:

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
Like this one or similar?

ofuda.jpg

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Reaction score
That's right. The one I posted above is a charm for the safety and well-being of the family.
However, there seems to be another similar charm of the same price in Meiji Shrine. The only difference is the four characters written on the paper (or what's written on the wood, depending on the type of the charm). If the kanji are 商売繁盛, it's for business success.

EDIT:
Like this one
shobaihanjo.jpg

Carly97

後輩
Reaction score
That's right. The one I posted above is a charm for the safety and well-being of the family.
However, there seems to be another similar charm of the same price in Meiji Shrine. The only difference is the four characters written on the paper (or what's written on the wood, depending on the type of the charm). If the kanji are 商売繁盛, it's for business success.

EDIT:
Like this one
View attachment 28966
I think that's the one.😅 Wish i got the family one though. I don't own a business. Oh well, it still looks pretty.😀 thank you!

Top Bottom