What's new

What is the worst/best dubb you ever heard?

TheYeti

後輩
5 Oct 2009
Since I actually don't mind watching dubbed anime I have had a full experience of how great or how bad a dubb can be. There have been some animes that I thought were dubbed well while others I wished were just kept in Japanese.

As for the worst; I would have to say that mine are Blue Gender and Azumanga Daioh. To me, the voice acting in Blue Gender had very little emotion and it tended to ruin the mood of what was happening. And as for Azumanga Daioh, I watched the subb before the dubb and when I heard the dubb I cringed a little. Just something about their voices wasn't right.

And then there is the best; The best dubbed animes I ever seen were Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and School Rumble. I thought their voice actors did a great job in conveying the personalities and the emotions of the character they were portraying. I like it to the point of where I would sometimes prefer watching the dubb over the subb.

So what do you guys think is the best/worst of all of the dubbed animes out there?

The best dubb that I can remember had to be Howl's Moving Castle. The actors voices really fit the characters and were spot on.

Really, I can't think of any real bad dubb jobs for anime. I could name a ton of movies, but I'm at a lose for anime.

I found the dubbing in Akira took away some of the gravitas of the film. This was after I saw the original first though.

I forgot about the dubbing in akira. I'm just glad the dubbing on Steamboy was much better. Something Katsuhiro Otomo would be proud of.

Back
Top Bottom