What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

What is the current trend of Winter hat in Japan?

BigBossIchi

Asahi Drinker
Reaction score
What does the general population of Japan use for winter hats these days? Are there any links online to finds some of these fashions?

jspecdan

Sempai
Reaction score
The Japanese like Russian fur hats? When did they become popular in Japan?

yeah, when the hell did they become popular? i haven't seen them at all over here. then again, i'm in saitama, nothing cool is here.

i think the mambas wear stuff like that. that and pikachu suits.

TwistedMac

Sempai
Reaction score
I think the current trend would look something like this:

Man20and20Santa20Hat-1.jpg

Ewok85

先輩
Reaction score
I'd wear the fur hats, saw a nice alpaca one for about $300 :|

Timsan

Sempai
Reaction score
WHO CARES, be yourself.

Im digging the Russian fur hats though, those will never go out of style. I have about 5 of them made out of different kinds of fur, mostly beaver.

A hat is a hat, as long as it keeps your ears warm

Iron Chef

Villain
Reaction score
A lot of people (both men and women) seem to be doing the whole scarf/neckwarmer minus hat and or jacket look. I guess it looks ok but seems a bit impractical imho, heh.

ragedaddy

Sempai
Reaction score
People are actually wearing these hats outside of Russia? Yeah, I would have to agree that they are pretty lame. Like Iron Chef was saying scarves are pretty big in Japan, so I guess the magnitude of fashion regarding scarfs tends to be higher. I can't say that I am not a big fan of scarves, but there are plethora of Japanese Guys that are wearing them.

TwistedMac

Sempai
Reaction score
sgt. Pepper said:
What? Can't i say gay? O__o
it was the reference of gay meaning bad that was the general undertone of what you said...

sort of something like "it's not what you post but how you post it" =P

wintersweet

Nihon ni itai na...
Reaction score
TwistedMac said:
it was the reference of gay meaning bad that was the general undertone of what you said...

sort of something like "it's not what you post but how you post it" =P

Yah, it's incredibly rude to use "gay" in that way.

Anyway, it seem that the neckwarmers/scarves have been the in thing for a few years now. (I'm sure the details of colors and styles and knotting vary from winter to winter, or maybe month to month!) I suppose that when you spend so much time on your hair, you don't want to cover or muss it with a hat. :)

I bet the popularity of the Korean drama "Winter Sonata" has given even more of a boost to men wearing scarves (as does its hero).

Top Bottom