What's new

What is the best way to get to Tokyo from Narita Airport?

ashuga07

後輩
8 Jan 2006
Hi All,

I will be arriving late about 11pm, can anyone suggest the best and affordable way to get to my hotel? Shinjuku Washington. I heard that the limousine buses stop operation at about 10pm.

Thank You!!!

Check the Narita Express. I don't know what time it stops running, if at all. If you have the JR Railpass, you can use it for the fare.

The Narita Express and limousine buses indeed stop before 11pm. Were you planning on checking in the day you arrive, or the day after? I don't know how you could get around other than taxi that late in Japan, and that would be astronomically expensive if Shinjuku is your destination.

The Keisei Limited Express is a good alternate. I rode it from Narita to Ueno. You can reach the Yamanote Line at Ueno, but the Keisei station is somewhat separate from the other parts of Ueno station, so you'll have to do some walking.

This makes me wonder why the trains cease service at 2300 when planes are still coming in? Seems mighty odd to me.

nurizeko said:
Narita express, the motorways are too horrific for words.

As much as I would like to take exception to that....I really find myself unable to do so.

It wouldnt be so bad if there was you know, reasonably placed services every so while, or even a toilet at the precious few park-stops.

That and the traffic jams in the middle of shinjuku durring a fairly warm morning, in a hot car, while needing to whizz is pretty bad. :(

In comparrison being packed tight in a full commuter train is pretty enjoyable. 😊

Man i love Japan. ☝

Back
Top Bottom