What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

What gift should I give my Japanese guests?

lp1985

後輩
Reaction score
I hosted two 19 year-old college students from Tokyo this past weekend, and I will see them again before they leave (they will be here for 3 weeks, and have only spent 1 weekend with me). I thought I ought to get them some presents before they go, but I'm not sure what I should get them. Any ideas? Because they're young women, it might be fun to get them something a little more trendy, but I'm not sure what. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :).

Han Chan

先輩
Reaction score
If you can find T-shirts in their size. I am sure that they will like some T-shirts with something american printed on then - rather text than merely the flag.

Amenat

後輩
Reaction score
Lol, yes the T-shirt would be a good idea. Japanese people seem to like shirts with English even if the English doesn't make any sense.

When I went over there I was told that something small would do. Most people took key chains or pins from thier home town to give to thier host family. I gave hand made necklaces and bracelets to the female members of my family. They didn't wear them but I was glad they didn't throw them away.

maushan3

Back home
Reaction score
You want to get them something trendy. So why not something from American Eagle or some mall shop like that. They have cool clothes for a nice price. I've seen on the internet people in Japan sell $15-20 AE tees for something like $60 dollars, so I assume they like the style, plus that's a stotre that's in virtually every mall.

Mauricio

Top Bottom