What's new

What film are you waiting to see in the cinema?

I am waiting to see 'A Scanner,Darkly'
It is the latest film to be made from a Phillip.K.Dick story.
I think it's live action mixed with animation, and directed by Richard Linklater, who did 'School of Rock',among other things.
Many people (including P.K.D's family) have high hopes for the film...

misa.j said:
Devil's Rejects, I want to see that one really bad too.
Thanks for the link, smoke.
Have you see "House of 1000 Corpses" or is that a silly question?

PJ's version of King Kong looks pretty juicy (judging from the trailer anyways) slated for Dec. I think. Even if it doesn't live up to the hype at least it still has Naomi Watts (worth the admission alone 8-p).
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808505212

Narnia looks also like it just might be the sleeper hit of the year. Guaranteed "not to suck" should be worth checking out. The production quality is looking nothing short of amazing so far. Just heard that Liam Neeson will also be the voice of Aslan (kewl beans I say).
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808475642

Walk the Line with Joaquin Phoenix as a young Johnny Cash also is on my must-see list. He's one of my favorite actors and I hear he hits the performance spot on (akin to Jamie Foxx in 'Ray').
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808628394&cf=info

The Brothers Grimm with Matt Damon and Heath Ledger (not to mention the delicious Monica Belluci) might also be a sleeper if they can pull it off.
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808439549&intl=us

Oh, and House of a 1000 was pretty sweet imho for Robby Z's debut. Dr. Satan needed to be showcased a bit more but I liked the ending especially. :cool:

Iron Chef said:
Oh, and House of a 1000 was pretty sweet imho for Robby Z's debut. Dr. Satan needed to be showcased a bit more but I liked the ending especially. :cool:
The ending was very "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" if you ask me...which is a good thing of course.
I agree with you on the Dr Satan thing.
I hear the new film is more 'serious'. Not sure if that's good or bad!

I saw the trailer for PJ's King Kong when I went to see Dark Water (The only decent thing about that particular cinematic experience). If that's anything to go by, it should be a most excellent film. KK looks amazing 👍

saw a miniscule clip for land of the dead...didn't realise Dennis Hopper was in it...looks kinda cool...and George A Romero is like the king of zombie movies!

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest that will come in 2006, i loved the first movie, now the second movie will come out soon, and the third one suposed to also come in 2006, but not for sure

Plot Summary :
Once again thrown into the world of the supernatural, Captain Jack Sparrow finds out that he owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones, Captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman. With time running out, Jack must find a way out of his debt or else be doomed to eternal damnation and servitude in the afterlife. And as if this weren't enough, the Captain's problems manage to wreck the wedding plans of a certain Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, who are forced to join Jack on yet another misadventure.

they're already working on Pirate of the carribean 3. Chow Yun Fat is playing the bad guy! he kicks ***.
On a quasi off topic note, when foreign movies play in Japan, are they usually dubbed or subtitled?

xerxes99 said:
On a quasi off topic note, when foreign movies play in Japan, are they usually dubbed or subtitled?
Both. One can see the major hits either way.

Narnia looks great. Also looking forward to the new Potter movie. It's just tradition for our family to see that at the cinema (although I'm not sure my son will be keen on seeing Potter this time, he was terrified of those wraith-like jailkeepers).

Revenant said:
Also looking forward to the new Potter movie. It's just tradition for our family to see that at the cinema (although I'm not sure my son will be keen on seeing Potter this time, he was terrified of those wraith-like jailkeepers).

the Trailer was great, more action, more love i believe to.. cant wait to see harry in a sex scene * just joking... *

As a huge monster movie fan, I'm eager as sin to see Peter Jackson's version of King Kong! I've seen the trailer several times and it looks like it's gonna rock the house! And, as a comic book fan, I'm hot to see this flick in 2006:

smoke said:
Me personnaly, i hate cinemas...don't ask me why.
But i am so going to see the Devil's Rejects

It's gonna Rock!

What about you guys?

I can't wait to see "Beyond the Sea" starring Kevin Spacey...I know it has been out for almost a year in the US, but it hasn't come out in Denmark yet....

I want to see "Shinobi"... but I know it's not going to be in the Cinemas - they won't have it here... I guess I'll just go see Potter (the trailer is REALLY enticing)

Harry Potter, Walk the Line, King Kong, and Narnia are the ones I'm looking forward to most. Anyone know when they're coming out in Japan?

Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest. I think it'll be very good. And I hope, Johnny Depp'll play Jack Sparrow again. 👍 😊

-
The Myth (Chinese Epic, Jackie Chan)

Mozi Gong Lue (Mo Zi's Attack Strategy, starring Andy La)
Nearly a thousand people and dozens of horses launched an epic city invasion in China's Inner Mongolia for a scene in a new movie starring Andy Lau, a newspaper reported this week. Four hundred crew members captured the scene from Mozi Gong Lue (Mo Zi's Attack Strategy) with four cameras, the Apple Daily newspaper reported.

Seven Swords

Wow, Mozi Gong Lue sounds interesting =p I'd like to see that.
The plot of myth isn't the best (there are some things unexplained in the end) but overall I think the cast was pretty good (though kinda of weird to see Jacky Chan as he was in the movie =p ) and the music was excellent.

Yup, another vote for King Kong here! Won't be long now.

Don't you hate it when there'll be 6 months without a really good movie and then 3 decent ones will pop up at once?

JackInBox said:
-
The Myth (Chinese Epic, Jackie Chan)
I want to see this one too !

Seven Swords
Saw this one in China, kickass movie !!!!

I saw Devil's rejects, it was OK, rather amuzing than scary though.If you like the first one, you'll like the 2nd also !

I looking forward to The Chronicles of Narnia I think they're actually going to make seven movies to follow the series of seven!

Back
Top Bottom