What's new

What does this mean?

pikachumanson

後輩
6 Jan 2013
It's for a fan translation I am working on.

えーん
まいぎになっちゃっに

I'm thinking the first sentence is something like Eh?
No idea what the second sentence means.

It's for a fan translation I am working on.
えーん
まいぎになっちゃっに
I'm thinking the first sentence is something like Eh?
No idea what the second sentence means.
I already know the answer but people here need to at least copy the original correctly.

Did it say ぎ and に? If it did, you should read something else.

And えーん never means "eh", never.

When asking for a translation, especially for odd and difficult colloquial dialogue, it's best to provide context (ie., an outline of the situation, the line or two before and the line or two after the line(s) that you want a translation for. A citation to the original work doesn't hurt in case someone happens to have it handy.)

I would randomly guess that it's a phonetic corruption of まいごになっちゃったな -> 'you're lost aren't you?' but... it could be many other things and I have nearly no confidence in that. まいご to まいぎ seems rather unlikely, really, and I've never seen なto に, but maybe the character has an い prone accent or something. If it's instead a contracted まあ、いぎ に (which also seems unlikely, but .. for examples) then determining which meaning among the five different words pronounced いぎ is definitely going to require context.

When asking for a translation, especially for odd and difficult colloquial dialogue, it's best to provide context (ie., an outline of the situation, the line or two before and the line or two after the line(s) that you want a translation for. A citation to the original work doesn't hurt in case someone happens to have it handy.)
I would randomly guess that it's a phonetic corruption of まいごになっちゃったな -> 'you're lost aren't you?' but... it could be many other things and I have nearly no confidence in that. まいご to まいぎ seems rather unlikely, really, and I've never seen なto に, but maybe the character has an い prone accent or something. If it's instead a contracted まあ、いぎ に (which also seems unlikely, but .. for examples) then determining which meaning among the five different words pronounced いぎ is definitely going to require context.

It's for a game called Outlanders based in a scifi setting. It has a bit of colloquial Japanese in it. He's not an important character and the spelling is. correct. I think i will use the "you're lost aren't you" translation.

What does えーん mean? Is it a swear word?

Thank you for your help.

ぎ and に don't make sense at all, as already pointed out. It SHOULD be ご and た, respectively.

えーん
まいごになっちゃった

sob
I got lost.

ぎ and に don't make sense at all, as already pointed out. It SHOULD be ご and た, respectively.
えーん
まいごになっちゃった
sob
I got lost.

Fantastic! That sounds even better!

Thank you all for your help!

Thank you all for your help!

Back
Top Bottom