What's new

What does this "as" in Wuthering Heights mean?

nekocat

先輩
3 Apr 2007
This is from Wuthering Heights. What does "as" mean?

(1)when

(2)in the manner I found him

"I found him starving in the Liverpool Streets. He can't talk English. Nobody knew to whom he belonged, and I could not leave him as I found him!"

Nekocat, are we supposed to translate the whole book to you or what? It feels to me we are making your homework. :eek:

:148:shush mate! she only asked a question!

why so angry, she only wanted to be helped would you liked it if we do the same to you if you ask something to us? reconsider first before typing, savvy?:eek:

:148:shush mate! she only asked a question!
why so angry, she only wanted to be helped would you liked it if we do the same to you if you ask something to us? reconsider first before typing, savvy?:eek:
1,2,5 questions..ok. 69 threads of solving homework and using people as an encyclopedia, hell NO!

You should reconsider first before typing, mr Sparrow -_-; Shouldn't you be playing pirate or something?

RockLee that is a question we may never find out the exact answer, as if someone would do that sort of thing, but mind you the net is used for many different reasons.........

I think it's a very intelligent way to find help with learning English, asking people on a forum. I enjoy giving help when I can!

I agree with Geostigma that number 2 has the same meaning as "as".

but doing someones homework for them is counterproductive.
that being said.... If someone wants to do a 16 year olds calculus work for him email me!!!!

This clearly isn't homework. The person is obviously an ADVANCED learner of English as a second language and its tackling some difficult material, which would probably confuse even the occasional native speaker if their education wasn't up to snuff. If this person wasn't asking us, they'd be paying out the nose for some 'advanced' English course or pouring over stiffly written grammar books trying to do piece-work, very inefficient. Seeing as they live in Tokyo and this is the 21st century, posting on an internet forum seems entirely appropriate.

Thanks for the kind words, it's very nice of you. If I didn't find this forum extremely useful and informative, I wouldn't have posted more than 20 threads asking English questions. I'm glad that you defended me.
I don't want everyone of you to understand my intention in the first place. As I expressed my feelings in other threads, I'm grateful for all the help I can get from your answers.

Thanks for the kind words, it's very nice of you. If I didn't find this forum extremely useful and informative, I wouldn't have posted more than 20 threads asking English questions. I'm glad that you defended me. I don't want everyone of you to understand my intention in the first place. As I expressed my feelings in other threads, I'm grateful for all the help I can get from your answers.

Dear Nekocat,

I - as well as others - find your questions highly interesting and appreciate your posting them! I am also glad that you find this forum helpful (kudos to our members!) and strongly encourage you to post any English-related questions you may have.

I have said so in another thread: "Wuthering Heights" is one of my most favourite pieces of literature too.
:)

:(お言葉にお甘えいたします。どんなに貴殿の励ましを読んで感動したことか。How moved I was by your encouragement.

ここのサイトの回答、レベルが高いのでつい甘えちゃっています。The level of answerers here is high indeed.
質が低かったらとっくに去っています。
レベルが高いのは、

日本語や日本について感心のある人は、日本語を勉強する人も多い→外国語を学ぶということは、それだけ母語についての洞察も深くなる→教える能力アップ

という理由かもしれません。

嵐が丘は本当に衝撃的ですよね。Wuthering Heights is shocking.

日本語ですみません。 Sorry, this is Japanese.

これからもよろしくお願いします。時間ができたら日本語学習フォーラムでも回答するつもりです。
😌

Last edited:
I think it's great !

To have new posts in something besides J-Rock is a nice change. Maybe we should have a thread for Wuthering Heights questions.

Uncle Frank

😌

:(窶堋ィナ陳セ窶杯窶堙俄?堋ィナ?テ??堋ヲ窶堋「窶堋ス窶堋オ窶堙懌?堋キツ。窶堙??堙ア窶堙遺?堙俄?ケM窶彗窶堙娯?氾」窶堙懌?堋オ窶堙ー窶愿??堙ア窶堙??'窶慊ョ窶堋オ窶堋ス窶堋ア窶堙??堋ゥツ。

窶堋ア窶堋ア窶堙姑探ニ辰ニ暖窶堙娯?ーテア窶愬。ツ、ニ椎槌遅ニ停?ケ窶堋ェツ坂?壺?堋「窶堙娯?堙??堙や?堋「ナ?テ??堋ヲ窶堋ソ窶堙。窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ。
ナスツソ窶堋ェ窶凖。窶堋ゥ窶堙≫?堋ス窶堙ァ窶堙??堙≫?堋ュ窶堙俄?ケナス窶堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋キツ。
ニ椎槌遅ニ停?ケ窶堋ェツ坂?壺?堋「窶堙娯?堙債、

窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙「窶愿コ窶怒窶堙俄?堙や?堋「窶堙??'ツ心窶堙娯?堋?窶堙ゥツ人窶堙債、窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙ー窶「テ冷?ケツュ窶堋キ窶堙ゥツ人窶堙?窶伉ス窶堋「ツ?ィナ?Oツ坂?佛津ェ窶堙ーナ?w窶堙披?堙??堋「窶堋、窶堋ア窶堙??堙債、窶堋サ窶堙ェ窶堋セ窶堋ッ窶「テェナ津ェ窶堙俄?堙や?堋「窶堙??堙娯?慊エナス@窶堙?ツ深窶堋ュ窶堙遺?堙ゥツ?ィ窶ケツウ窶堋ヲ窶堙ゥ窶拿窶氾哉但ニ鍛ニ致ツ

窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶板昶?燃窶堋ゥ窶堙?窶堋オ窶堙ェ窶堙懌?堋ケ窶堙アツ。

窶披?吮?堋ェ窶ケu窶堙坂?怒窶懌?凪?堙可湘頁停?壺?廬窶堙??堋キ窶堙ヲ窶堙仰。

窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェ窶堙??堋キ窶堙昶?堙懌?堋ケ窶堙アツ。

窶堋ア窶堙ェ窶堋ゥ窶堙ァ窶堙?窶堙ヲ窶堙ォ窶堋オ窶堋ュ窶堋ィナ?ティ窶堋「窶堋オ窶堙懌?堋キツ。ナスナセナ?テ披?堋ェ窶堙??堋ォ窶堋ス窶堙ァ窶愿コ窶怒ナ津ェナ?wツ習ニ稚ニ辿ツーニ停?ーニ停ぎ窶堙??堙?窶ーテア窶愬。窶堋キ窶堙ゥ窶堙や?堙?窶堙ィ窶堙??堋キツ。
😌

When you type Japanese in the Non-Japanese section *this is the learning English section* it would be best to add a translation, or a small summary about it so that everyone can understand it a little bit. Thank you in advance.

時間ができたら日本語学習フォーラムでも回答するつもりです。
批判した人の怒りを静めるのはこれしかないと思いますね。

(Helping us in the Japanese learning forum I think is the only thing that will appease the anger of nekocat's critics).

お願いします。🙂 (Pleasee....)

it wasn't meant as criticism. sorry if i offended.:sorry: It was just an observation and humor also i didn't realize the situation. Despite my age i will help in any way possible.

Back
Top Bottom