What's new

What do you think are the qualities of life?

Anchyyy

後輩
22 May 2005
I had this question by the English class when we were talking about life, love, death and such things. When i was going home i thought that would be a good idea for the thread.

I think that the most important is to trust in yourself. To trust in the things you can do or achieve. With a good amount of self confidence and a bit of luck you can do everything! You can, as my grandmother always said, move the mountains :p
Then love and friendship. A human being needs someone to love and have that love returned, he needs a friend to be there for him 24/7 to help him with every problem no matter what it is. And of course family.
Third is money. That means a good job, you enjoy doing it. I'm that kind of person, who won't study for example law, just because lawyers make a lot of money. I'll rather have less money and do something i like. I don't want to have a lot of money, just enough to get through every month. Too many money makes people bad and selvish.

That's what i think, what about you? :)

Third is money. That means a good job, you enjoy doing it. I'm that kind of person, who won't study for example law, just because lawyers make a lot of money. I'll rather have less money and do something i like. I don't want to have a lot of money, just enough to get through every month. Too many money makes people bad and selvish.
That's what i think, what about you? :)

Have you ever heard the saying, "Money is not the root of all evil, the lack of it is"?

My job I guess?

Being in good health seems important to the quality of life. I see people who had a wonderful life one day and the next a stroke or heart attack, cancer struck them down. Now, their whole life revolves around their sickness and what they no longer can do. Their illness also affects many loved ones around them.The cost of poor health in terms of money is also devestating; having to choose between eating cat food, or going without your meds!

Uncle Frank

:(

Being in good health seems important to the quality of life. I see people who had a wonderful life one day and the next a stroke or heart attack, cancer struck them down. Now, their whole life revolves around their sickness and what they no longer can do. Their illness also affects many loved ones around them.The cost of poor health in terms of money is also devestating; having to choose between eating cat food, or going without your meds!
Uncle Frank
:(

I agree. Having good health is basically paramount to everything else. Money is important for good health so that you can eat right and take care of medical problems, should they arise.

When you're older (past 50-55), you will appreciate the importance of good health. You don't want to have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

One your are past food, shelter, clothes, and good health it seems that everything else is a luxury in this world.

To be able to live each day to the fullest. (money, health, drive, desire...etc) Also to be able to forgive others is a great quality to live a better life. I have found that I am a much happier person and can live life to fullest when I am not stuck with all the excess baggage of anger and hurt. Oh, and being able to tell someone when they have hurt me, it's hard but then you don't have that hidden seed that just begs to be watered with more hate and anger. Also a few cats in a persons life can't hurt either! :)

You shouldn't waste your time on unhappy things. Take every thing with a smile. Try not to be sad and enjoy the things you have been given. Be happy about your life even if you are rich or poor, just be glad you have been given a life. Love your friends and your family, don't put anything before them. And as goldiegirl said, live each day to the fullest.

👍

By "qualities of life" I'm guessing you mean something like the most important things in life, right? :?
Well, my opinion...

-- to have life at all
-- health (physical and mental) - this also includes things necessary to maintain health, like shelter and sufficient food.
-- love (includes friendship as well as sexual; love is really hard to define anyway so.... @_@)
-- state of mind

By "state of mind" I'm meaning something like the capacity of the mind itself to control the way we're thinking and feeling... for example, the ability to cultivate a positive mindset... and the range/scope of the mind and its investigativeness and/or creativity, which helps human beings both to discover and to enjoy things about their lives and surrounding environments...

One big thing that I think is of great importance is our interrelationships with other people... this is sort of covered under the catch-all term "love" which basically sketches positive ways in which we can interact with other humans (including family love/care, erotic love, friendship, affection, platonic love...). So included in this would be things like trust, communication and confidence. :)

Have you, the hypothetical you heard of Maslow's hierarchy of needs?

It's a theory that in order to achieve greater, higher level needs, needs such as creativity, morality, problem solving, etcetera, that first you have to achieve certain other levels of "life quality" as a prerequisite.

We talk a lot about money, and how money solves our problems. It may or may not solve our problems, but in this world, as ArmandV stated, the lack of it, can certainly create problems.

As someone who's at times lived a life basically "couch-surfing", without express medical care and sometimes not knowing exactly when my next meal would come, I can say that fundamentally, we build on our levels of comfort in order to achieve greater and greater ones.

Emotional quality for me.....

having a car and being able to drive where & when I want. I see many of my patients who can no longer drive and the difficulties it causes. Having to depend on others for rides and errands and arranging it, such a hassel!

Uncle Frank

PS - Think how good you feel cruiseing down the road with the tunes blasting sometimes.

😊

Quality of life? Hmmm...

Well, I'll start with good health. Without that, you have nothing, especially as you grow older and become more susceptible to illness and diseases. A month ago, I thought I had a health scare, but it turned out to have been minor, still, it had been enough to give me a good dose of concern.

Next? A roof over your head, food on your table, clothes on your back and a warm place to sleep at night. I live a mile away from a homeless shelter and those people have precious little of either, so that makes me glad for what I have. I make a note never to complain because if fate had worked differently, I'd be on the streets today.

After that? Well, a little money to spend and a few minor luxuries here and there (for me, a car and a Hi-Def TV) to enhance your existence. That's about it I think.

:)

Anchyyy said:
I think that the most important is to trust in yourself. To trust in the things you can do or achieve. With a good amount of self confidence and a bit of luck you can do everything!
Definitely. Having a motivation or a goal in my life is really important for me; be it anything such as finishing a book, completing an art project, learning another language, living in a different country, climbing the tallest mountains in the world or becoming an astronaut(not that I want to be an astronaut, but).

When I have something to look forward to do, it's easy for me to focus on what the importances are.

Maybe for older settled down people.....

being able to own and afford a pet of some kind for companionship. Wouldn't want to go through life without my cat!

Uncle Frank

I think one of the most important things in life is to see things with a positive attitude. In this way you will be more happier in your life. And I think when you are happier in your life, the changes of certain illness is less than people with a negative attitude. Stress, heart attack, etc.

(please click the link🙂 )
Always look on the bright side of life (tutu tutududududu)

Lover !! ??

Having a person who loves you, stands by you, is your best friend, and shares life with you can REALLY add to the quality of your life.

Uncle Frank

Having a person who loves you, stands by you, is your best friend, and shares life with you can REALLY add to the quality of your life.
Uncle Frank

Thank goodness you have your cat. I have two, so I must have a high quality life!

Back
Top Bottom