What's new

What do you do when you are sad?

Chipi

Yancha
10 Mar 2003
:(
Just out of curiosity, and in a need of good tips, what do you do when you're feeling really sad? How do you cheer yourself up?

These tips might be really helpful for me right now...and interesting too. Thanks 🙇‍♂️

There's a lot of ways to cheer up:

Talk to a friend
Drown your sadness in a book
Punch a punching bag
Cry it out

That's what I do

I add
- think that there are probably a lot of people sadder than me
- work hard to fight what causes my sadness

of course it depends on the kind of sadness...
the cure isn't always the same.

But it can help to look at some funny faces :
🍾 :smoke:

:mad: :sing: :cautious:

go out with some friends and try to forget im sad. sometimes i climb up on my roof and sit up there looking out at everything i can see.

Music is a lifesaver for me. I usually select a good cd and drive around in my car aimlessly until i feel better.

Don't have to drive a car though. You could also just stare out of the window and dream away with the beautiful music in the background. Driving just adds an extra dimension for me.

That's a good question. If we treat the life easy, it would come and go easy. If we treat it hardly, it would come and go hardly. It all depends to the circumstances you deal with, where you live, what you do, what you want to do, and finally what your life direction is?
I strongly believe that there cann't be a single suggestion to what can make one happier, when she/he is sad. Because what could work for you to make you happier, could not do me any better, if I am sad.
Despite all these facts, if we believe that our life has a meaning, and that our objective is to lead an honest life, a life that is full of joy and happiness, then we cool down. How to cool down? It's easy, don't bother yourself when you shouldn't, bother when you should!

Enjoy

Go to the movie store and rent a good comedy. Laughter is the best medecine they say. The best ones are the standup comedians. I always laugh so hard I am good for days.

I like to sit on a sidewalk and bash ants with a hammer then use a magnifying glass and burn their mashed bodies up to a crisp. Then I'll toss the bodies back to the top of their ant hill as warning to the other ants to instill fear into them... or I read a book.

Originally posted by Twisted
Music is a lifesaver for me. I usually select a good cd and drive around in my car aimlessly until i feel better.

Don't have to drive a car though. You could also just stare out of the window and dream away with the beautiful music in the background. Driving just adds an extra dimension for me.

Yeah, I listen to music, too. Sometimes I listen to Linkin Park and T.A.T.U.

Go to the movie store and rent a good comedy. Laughter is the best medecine they say. The best ones are the standup comedians. I always laugh so hard I am good for days.

Try renting Shrek. That movie always makes me laugh.

I like to sit on a sidewalk and bash ants with a hammer then use a magnifying glass and burn their mashed bodies up to a crisp. Then I'll toss the bodies back to the top of their ant hill as warning to the other ants to instill fear into them...

That is sooo cruel. How about if I bash you with a hammer and burn you with a match..:angryfire On the other hand, that is sorta funny. 🙂

a) ruminate until I choke
b) do something that involves sedate mental flow (i.e. easy video game, reading a book, learning a language...)
c) wreak havoc

(b) is for Best

When I get sad, I will:

a) Start waving my sword until I break the sound barrier
b) Get some "alcoholic" beverages
c) Consume those beverages
d) Start waving my sword again, which has suddenly become even more fun.....
e) Write things on forums
f) Create some haiku's

Ja mata!!!!!!

I wish I had a car, or even driving license, so I would drive, drive and drive :)

I also find a lot of comfort from music, I _love_ music. But the thing is, that usually, when I'm sad, I tend to listen to some melancolic tunes (like massive attack), and that just makes me even worse...

But thanks for tips, the emergency is luckily over, but thank you all. I might try that sword thing some day ..! 😄

I go out and see a concert. There's one starting near here called Super rock in Lisbon. Marilyn Manson, Deftones, Audioslave, Disturbed and Primitive Reason. Should last about 8 hours...

Oh, oh... got get ready. :D

Take a happy pill!

If you have good health insurance, just go see your friendly shrink. Get a few perscriptions for various happy pills, take double the dose you should, and wash them down with the appropiate wine for the pill color. It may take a few days to get into your system in the correct ammount, but soon all your sadness will vanish in the blur of lost reality !

I don't usually feel sad. I've outgrown sadness on the whole. But when I think of "him", I'll start singing. My favorite song: Cry Me A River.

I usually listen to music but now I would do some Yoga. After i do some Yoga I feel really relaxed and calm then I just go to sleep. :p

Originally posted by eimik
listen to music reallllllllly loud
or go for a long drive.

its fun.

I do that too, music really helps, especially if it's music you listened to during a good time in your life previously, it sort of reminds you of how good things can be.

Josh

Back
Top Bottom