What's new

What Do You Collect. What Collections Do You Have?

What do you collect (or have collected) ?

• I have never collected anything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grandpa Frank

先輩
21 May 2003
I'm a terrible packrat. I have a collection of 60's & 70's comics,Playboys, Penthouses. I have about 2000 hardcovers and a 1000 softcover books.Have 6 guns and 1000's of rounds of ammo for them. A collection of glass(etc.) cats & raccoons. A collection of old bottles. A collection of glass insulators from telegraph and electric poles. Have about 275 vinyl 33&3rd albums. About 300 CD's and 100DVD's. I buy hand tools by the hundreds, half I never use(or don't know how to use). I have 6 police radio scanners. Probably 1000 old PC magazines. Maybe 200 VHS tapes with 6 to 8 hours of things recorded off the TV. About 200 old cassette music tapes. My house would burn for a month if it caught fire. Anyone else a hopeless collector? About every 5 years I rent a dumpster and part with some junk so I can get more into my little house.
SOOOO, confess your collecting habbits here!

Frank

😊

PS - None of this crap is valuble and I doubt I waould ever sell it, it's just a terrible compulsion to never part with anything. I think I need DR. Phil real bad!

Last edited:
Frank D. White said:
I'm a terrible packrat. I have a collection of 60's & 70's comics,Playboys, Penthouses. I have about 2000 hardcovers and a 1000 softcover books.Have 6 guns and 1000's of rounds of ammo for them. A collection of glass(etc.) cats & raccoons. A collection of old bottles. A collection of glass insulators from telegraph and electric poles. Have about 275 vinyl 33&3rd albums. About 300 CD's and 100DVD's. I buy hand tools by the hundreds, half I never use(or don't know how to use). I have 6 police radio scanners. Probably 1000 old PC magazines. Maybe 200 VHS tapes with 6 to 8 hours of things recorded off the TV. About 200 old cassette music tapes. My house would burn for a month if it caught fire. Anyone else a hopeless collector? About every 5 years I rent a dumpster and part with some junk so I can get more into my little house.
SOOOO, confess your collecting habbits here!

Frank

😊
Wow..impressive collection :eek: When I come to America I'll have to pay u a visit !! U can show me the penthouse/Playboys ;-) 😆

You sound like my stepdad, Frank. I think he has every Playboy, Penthouse, and Hustler that was ever published. I got an eyeful whenever he and my mom left the house... :p

Believe it or not ...

..in a small way ...

...I collect ....

......Teddy Bears.....!

(I bet you would never have thunk it ...!) - 0h! ... and about 2800 books !

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停?

I think everyone has a relative that collects dirty magazines....

I know my uncle had a HUGE collection. (Hidden in his closet, of course. :D )

Hmm... The only thing I seem to collect is dust. I've got a TON of books, though.

Well, I tend to collect books, too. I have a bunch of novels that I plan to read at some point. I also collect journals, I don't know but I go to Barnes and Noble and I see journal I like and buy. In all honesty, I had a small collection of yaoi hentai manga scans 😊 I hid them under my bed though. Sensuikan San, you collect Teddy Bear. Oh goodness that's interesting. 😊

I collect baseball cards and japanese swords,bows and other things lol..

300,000 BaseBall cards dating back 1900's - 2005
Japanese swords date back LOOONG time ago in the Dinasty era I think.

Bookmarks. Probably to go with the huge amount of books I have got. I buy at least once or twice a week from amazon and virtually every Saturday from the bookshop in town. I also collect flags. Dunno why, just do.

Souske said:
I collect baseball cards and japanese swords,bows and other things lol..

300,000 BaseBall cards dating back 1900's - 2005
Japanese swords date back LOOONG time ago in the Dinasty era I think.
The what era?

I collect a lot of Japanese stuff. Japanese coins, baseball cards, books, woodblock prints, etc etc. I"m going to have to move into a bigger place just to hold all this stuff.

I collect small metal figures (has to be a certain right scale though! :p ) It all started off with one Viking... lol. Good thing to collect cos they don't take up much room! (they are only, like, 3cm tall...)

I also collect little (model - of course!) racing cars from 1930s to 1950s. Surprisingly difficult to get hold of - there's loads of models of more modern racing cars around, and lots of 'vintage car' models, but not the sort I'm looking for... I think I have around 10 or 12, lol.

(I am female btw!!!)

Kinsao said:
I collect small metal figures (has to be a certain right scale though! :p ) It all started off with one Viking... lol. Good thing to collect cos they don't take up much room! (they are only, like, 3cm tall...)
That's how it starts. First they take up a shelf, then two shelves, then a wall, two walls, one room. The one day you realise your house is full, so you move to another house. You sit in darkened closets itemising each figure on your computer. Databases cross referencing with each other. You surf ebay looking for the rare figures. You start to shun people and sunlight, until you become a morlock and live underground. And finally you refer to them a 'my precioussss'. :devilish:
This is of course a worst case senario 🙂

Just a quick note. The news reported today of a Star Wars collector in Yorkshire who lost about 20 000 pounds worth of stuff due to a lightning strike on his house. You gotta feel for the guy.

Souske said:
well dunno really I didn't do some background on it but I plan to though >_<

Not as a spelling flame, but to help you look it up when you get around to it: "dynasty"

RockLee said:
Wow..impressive collection :eek: When I come to America I'll have to pay u a visit !! U can show me the penthouse/Playboys ;-) 😆

i dont want to know the rest rock 😊

i dont really collect things now.. i used to collect books from my fav soccer team.. i stil have them... i started collection flyers, from party's to stores!!! but i stopped now.. i will begin maybe soon.. give me lots of inspiration...

my mom her wife collect lots of things, from disney up to comics, and from magazines from the video store ( 1960-70) to all elvis and Doris D things... i think on my roof .. worth: to much hahahaha.... she still collects 🙂

I Heard .....

mikecash said:
Not as a spelling flame, but to help you look it up when you get around to it: "dynasty"

Dynasty was a pretty good TV show, I'll have to look for the re-runs!

Frank

😊

Vinyl records, books (inc. graphics novels, comics and manga) and Jack Daniel's bottles, the whiskey, I have like 30 of them in all shapes and sizes.

I collecy samurai gear and others alike the other day i bought an old samurai helmet called a kabuto for about $2000, it was worth it, its about 200 years old.

geno said:
I collecy samurai gear and others alike the other day i bought an old samurai helmet called a kabuto for about $2000, it was worth it, its about 200 years old.

Now THAT sounds like a cool collection. A bit pricey but it sure must be fun to track down all those old pieces of equipment.

There was a guy at a market I used to frequent in Kyoto who had some very old looking Samurai helmets with their cases that looked amazing. I was too afraid to ask how much they were though.

This is what I collect..
ubuntucopy1bs-1.jpg

God help me..

I forgot ...

I also seem to collect criticism from time to time ... usually from The ("She Who Must Be Obeyed") Wife....

ニ淡ニ停?。ニ停?

senseiman said:
Now THAT sounds like a cool collection. A bit pricey but it sure must be fun to track down all those old pieces of equipment.

There was a guy at a market I used to frequent in Kyoto who had some very old looking Samurai helmets with their cases that looked amazing. I was too afraid to ask how much they were though.

if your going to collect something then make it something unique, because how much samurai historical items are still around, its the classic stuff.

I have over 300 Jim Beam decanters. All but 12 are full and seals unbroken!

I also tend to collect dust!

Back
Top Bottom