What's new

Welcome to Japan Reference (JREF) - the community for all Things Japanese.

Join Today! It is fast, simple, and FREE!

What do the belts mean and how do you advance in them?

ghost1374

Fan of Japan
Reaction score
Under usernames, I noticed, as many others do, the color of the belts. I know that they represent something to do with posts, maybe reputation, or how long you've been on the site. I know there's a thread somewhere in the forum describing them, but I can't find it. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance! :)

epigene

相変わらず不束者です
Reaction score
The answer is here:

User titles

The belts are based strictly on the number of posts you've made here (excluding Chit Chat) and nothing else.

mrs.Kamono

先輩
Reaction score
The Belts , hmm yeah!

Yes I saw these too . Oh my gosh I was going to say something that sounded absolutely intelligent for a minuet, but suddenly went totally BLOND! Hmmmmm par for the course !😊 Arg..........

ghost1374

Fan of Japan
Reaction score
They're hard to find though. If epigene didn't help out, I probably would've spent a week in front of my computer trying to figure that out :p

Kirie_Maiden

Rope Shrine Maiden
Reaction score
Somebody once tried to get away with telling us the belts contained the Japanese translation of our username. A moderator put the joker right though. If it hadn't been for the thread that describes them... we would have probably all believed him. Haha.
I notice it can't be correct though. It says that 500 posts gives you the brown belt, "Hakushaku (count)" but I have 523 posts and I still have a blue belt, "Shishaku (viscount)"

Uncle Frank

SECURITY
Admin
Reaction score
Bump it up....................

not sure how up to date this is?

Uncle Frank

dreamer

後輩
Reaction score
In the past, posts in sections such as chit-chat did not count...or maybe the change feature was disabled?

Top Bottom