What's new

What bands do you like outside the J-music scene??

Nanahara

先輩
9 Aug 2003
Just interested in what abnds you listen to that arent from Japan??
I am a big fan of punk:
NOFX, Propagandhi, Anti-Flag, Raw Power the list goes on and on haha...;)

Chinese bands:

Beyond (rock from Hong Kong)
Circle (hard rock from HK)
BlackWine (progressive metal from HK)

Powell Young (guitar shredder from Beijing)

US / European bands:

Neo-Classical Metal:
Yngwie Malmsteen
Tony Macalpine
Vinnie Moore
George Bellas
Joey Tafolla
Jason Becker
Borislav Mitic
some Artension

hard rock:
Bon Jovi
Mr.Big

blues rock:
Gary Moore
Joe Bonamassa

Jorge Salan,plays like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani
Marty Friedman,cool stuffs

some Guns N' Roses

there is more,but thats all I can list now

Jazz / Fusion:

Pat Metheny group
Julio Revueltas
Victor Wooten

and more,but these are what I like best at this moment now.

Love the Foo Fighters! Also:

Queens of the Stoneage
Deftones
DJ Shadow
Radiohead
N.E.R.D. and.....

Let's get it ON!

L8r

Chinese ~
Silver Ash, LMF, MP4, Beyond.

Korean ~
Seo Taiji, H.O.T.

Western ~
Marilyn Manson, Aborym.

Silver Ash and Delerium spring to mind . There are so many that I can't remember the names of most of them @_@

I'll occasionally listen to Die Prinzen and VNV Nation, but only when the mood strikes me, which isn't often.

there's other music besides J-music!? ::gasps:: j/k lol I can't remember the last time I listened to the radio. The only time I even listen to something in English is if it's j related!

hot water music
toadies
modest mouse
the streets
offspring
they might be giants
sublime
alkaline trio
led zeppelin
...and various 80s artists

I like all types, pop, rock, and dance. I'll listen to a LITTLE BIT of country, but only a little. I also love listening to Soundscapes^^😄

I'm starting to listen to German metal the first was Gamma Ray their first song I heard "Razerblade Sigh" and it's awesome

music that is not jap music i like,

Chinese:
LMF , DJ TOMMY (own albums not with LMF involved), YUKI HSU
S.H.E, KELLY CHEN, SAMMI CHENG, ANDY LAU, CANDY LO
COOKIES, TWINS, JUNO MAK, LEON LAI, NICHOLAS TSE
YUMIKO CHENG, MIRIAM YEUNG, HACKEN LEE, and last but not least EASON CHAN!!

thats about it on chinese music now korean music i tend to favor in cd player are:

H.O.T, NRG, PEOPLE CREW, MASTA WU (apart of YG FAMILY), SE7EN, FINKL, JINUSEAN, BoA (korean version's of her songs), S.E.S (they split up now (T_T) ), MC SNIPER, 1TYM, BABY VOX, CB MASS, DNS, HAN DONG JOON, YOO SEUNG JUN and last but not least.... LENA PARK!!

and western music i like just about anything, usally prefer western music like, DMX, KORN, LINKIN PARK, 50 CENT, R KELLY, P. DIDDY, MUSE, BLUR, BUSTA RHYMES, JAY Z, FEEDER, FOO FIGHTERS, LL COOL J, MYSTIKAL, N.E.R.D, RAMMSTEIN, XZIBIT and that's about it really to tell the truth i have much much music, but i tend to search for all the tracks on bands cd's and just download the songs instead easier for me! although on korean, chinese i can buy most of the albums here in tokyo or yes asia! and even most of western albums i can buy but they are more expensive then chinese and korean albums so download western songs instead!

Hello, anybody interested in sending fanpost to Silver Ash?! 🎈
We are collecting some all over the world and will send it to Beijing already in November. Who wants to take part and send some letters, fanart, handicrafts, fanfics or something like that is very welcome!!!
We'll add a Chinese Translation to all English letters.

Thanks for your interest!

😍

David Bowie
No Doubt
Ours
London After Midnight
Rhapsody
Kent
Franz Ferdinand
Silver Ash
Queen
Deftones
Placebo

Im a huge fan of punk :p
im actually listening to nofx right now :)
other bands i like are..
flogging molly, dropkick murphys, propaghandi, ramones, dead kennedys, and anti-flag

I can never resist an opportunity to list the bands I like. 😊

Devo, Deftones, Sparks, B-52s, Eels, Q.O.T.S.A., Franz Ferdinand, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Buckley, Living End, Breakestra, SOAD, RATM, Faith No More, Queen, Smashing Pumpkins, Von Bondies, Incubus, Foo Fighters, Booker T & The MGs, Funkadelic, The Roots, Yes, NIN, The Funk Brothers, Beatles...yadda yadda....that'll do.

Dream Evil, Dimmu Borgir, Toilet Boys, Jean-Phillippe Ramot, Nightwish, Draconius, Gorgoroth, The Gathering, Forest Stream, Opeth, Exodus, Testament, Marduk, and so on, and so forth.

wow. there's so many artists i nver heard of b4.
erm... i personally like:

Western-
Linkin Park
Avril Lavigne

Korea-
Kang Ta
The TRAX

Chinese-
Penny Dai
Jay Chou

:)

Here comes my monster list:

Instrumental:

Explosions in the sky
A Silver Mt. Zion

Hardcore(this includes subgenres such as youthcrew, metalcore, emocore, and screamo):
Taking Back Sunday, Forensics, Dead Letter Auction, Saetia, Poison the Well, Integrity, Between the Buried and Me, Throwdown, Hopesfall, 200 North, 100 Demons, 7angels7plagues, a.javelin.reign, A Jealousy Issue, A Life Once Lost, A Perfect Murder, Thousand Falling Skies, A Traitor Like Judas, As I Lay Dying, As Hope Dies, Asherah, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Bane, Beneath the Ashes, Bleeding Through, Botch, Boy Sets Fire, Candira, Casey Jones, Caliban, Cave In, Comeback Kid, Champion, Coalesce, Converge, Crucial Youth, Curlupanddie, Darkest Hour, Daughters, Destiny, Destroy, Death by Stereo, Dillinger Escape Plan, Dispensing of False Halos, Earth Crisis, Ed Gein, Eighteen Visions, Every time I die, Evergreen Terrace, From Autumn to Ashes, Heartscarved, Glassjaw, Love is Red, Misery Signals, Nora, Nodes of Ranvier, Jude the Obscure, Ion Dissonance, The End, Nora, Remembering Never, Reversal of Man, Shai Hulud, skycamefalling, Stars are Falling, Tandum Vitalis, The Red Chord, Unearth, Zao, Wall of Jericho, With Honor, Twelve Tribes, Words that Burn, Yaphet Kotto, 1000 Travels of Jarwahla, A Sense of Belonging, Trillion Barnacle Lapse, A Trunk Full of Dead Bodies, Alexisonfire, Alsion Ranger, Away from Here, Black Paper Diary, The Blood Brothers, Blue Skies at War, Boys Night Out, Circle Takes the Square, Cowboys Became Folk Heroes, Dead Poetic, Boxcar Racer, Emery, Envy(JAPANESE EMOTIONAL HARDCORE), Five Fingers One Hand, Funeral For a Friend, Further Seems Forever, Glasseater, Drive Like Jehu, Grade, Joan of Arc, Hot Cross, In Pieces, Joshua Fit for Battle, Keepsake, Knapsack, Matchbook Romance, mewithoutyou, Mogwai, Moneen, My Chemical Romance, Neil Perry, On the Might of Princes, Open Hand, Orchid, pg. 99, piebald, planesmistakenforstars, Q and not U, Senses Fail, Silverstein, Songs of Zarathustra, Sparta, Stars Hide Fire, The Fall of Troy, The Prisoner's Dilemma, The Mars Volta, These Arms are Snakes, Thursday, Underoath, Wings of Azrael, Dead Letter Auction.

Emo:
Autumn's Grey Solace, Bright Eyes, Architecture In Helsinki, Anberlin, Angelins in the Architecture, As Tall as Lions, Azure Ray, Bear vs shark, Benton Falls, Braid, Cross my Heart, Coheed and Cambria, Cursive, Dead Red Sea, Deathcab For Cutie, Elliott, Falling From the Sky, Forever and a Day, Getup Kids, Homage to Catalonia, Iron and Wine, Jimmy Eat World, Juliana Theory, Last Days of April, Pedro the Lion, Saves the Day, Spitalfield, shabutie, Stars in December, The Postal Service, Yage, The Promise Ring.

Indie and punk:
(=), At the Drive In, Modest Mouse, The Faint, Nofx, Lagwagon, AFI, Bad Religion, Circle Jerks, Black Flag, SSDCONTROL, Sixiouse And the Banshees, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Complete, Tim, The Retreads, diSme, and tons of others I can't think of right now.

Metal:
Van Halen, Dragonforce, Blind Guardian, Brainstorm, Edguy, Iron Maiden, Avantasia, Cryptopsy, Man-o-War, Anathema, CKY, Carcass, Elvenking, Kamelot, Dragonland, Dream Theatre, Danzig, HIM, Into Eternity, Judas Priest, Novembre, Ragnarok, Three Inches of Blood, Megadeth, Yngwie Malmsteen.

Hiphop:
Ludacris, Saul Williams, Wyclef Jean, Aesop Rock, NAS, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, MA$E, Outkast, The Streets, Asian Dub Foundation, Blackalicious, Del the Funky Homosapian, Deltron 3030, Hyroglyphs.

I dunno if this list is too comprehensive or not...but these are some of the bands I listen to every week. I hope you all download some and get yourself interested in new music!

Last edited:
U2, U2, U2, R.E.M., Smashing Pumpkins, Suede, U2, U2, Coldplay, Depeche Mode, U2, 😊

My fave bands are: U2 and REM:)

Of other performers it is Sting, Madonna, Peter Gabriel, Pet Shop Boys, Robbie Williams, Billy Joel....

My taste of music is.....varied... 🎈

muzik

i like: Rammstein
Slipknot
KoRn
Atreyu
Marilyn Manson
ArchType
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth
MurderDolls
Static X
\m/>_<\m/

-Token Black Guy

I like Green Day, New Found Glory, Coldpay, Linkin Park, Enya, U2, Yellowcard, Incubus, Evanescenes, John Mayer, Jason Mraz, etc...my taste in music gets pretty random...usually depends on my mood...I pretty much don't listen to music in english anymore..I listen to Gackt or V6 or music from different anime...^^

Back
Top Bottom