What's new

"War of the Worlds" *minor spoiler*

Iron Chef

Villain
Rest in Peace
26 Feb 2003
http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20050613/111868572000.html

Taken from the above story:

"In "War of the Worlds," Spielberg substitutes space invaders called "tripods" for the Martians of Wells' book. He said the first tripod is killed in Osaka, Japan's second-largest city."

"Osaka has a lot of experience," he said, referring to the many scenes of urban destruction in "Godzilla" and other Japanese monster flicks. "I'm proud of the film, and I'm proud to bring it to Japan."

Wow... GO SDF!!! :LOL: 🔫 🔥 :danger: :smash: :samurai:

Interesting....I want to see the film when it comes out here in Denmark.

I have seen the original "War of the Worlds," hence, I look forward to seeing what Spielberg can make of it!!! 🙂

There is something that bugs me about the original 'War of the Worlds' and the new one. Why can't they follow the original book? The novel is a damn good book and I think to do it justice it should be set when it was supposed to be set. I was never a big fan of the original film, but I hope the new one is better, but I would like to see a film that is close or like the original. They managed it with the original 'The Time Traveller' (Don't get me going on that godawful remake) I do not think you would lose any of the effect of the martians, or the terror if it was set in the correct period.

arnadstephen said:
Better special effect, better movie.
Yeah, right. That always works. Like 'The Time Machine' remake or 'The Planet of the Apes' remake. Because the effects really made those movies better than the originals. :eek:

Yeah, right. That always works. Like 'The Time Machine' remake or 'The Planet of the Apes' remake. Because the effects really made those movies better than the

I agree, most remakes are duds !

Can you ever imagine a remake of THE-WIZARD-OF-OZ, being better. Speical effects and all, think about it.

Since we're off-topic, i'm a bit leery of the Willy Wonka remake myself. As much as I love Johnny D.... Gene Wilder was gold in the original and will be a hard act to follow. That movie has such a charm to it I don't think any amount of sfx could surpass the original. Nevertheless I shall be first in line when it eventually opens.

Re: War of the Worlds, I just saw the newest promo spot on TV here that actually reveals a bit more (just glimpses really) of the actual aliens. Wow... pretty sweet stuff is all I can say. I also saw the Ring 2 earlier today (bleh... what an awful movie but I digress...) and they had a short 3 minute behind the scenes featurette they were running side by side the preview before the movie with commentary from both Steven and Tom. Looks good!

Back
Top Bottom