What's new

Wants to atend collage in Japan....

you're totally blowing it out of proportion.. he mentioned with sarcasm attached that she should look into other options than todai..

god, some people are so touchy...

Emoni[b said:
This forum is for Japanese information and topics. Last time I checked, it does NOT exist for Mike to put on a persona and insult posters as he please, just because "that is what he does."[/b]

Oddly enough, though, I gave information. You, on the other hand, just mouthed a bunch of utterly useless feel-good stuff.

Actually, I sent a private message at first to Mike asking if that post was really necessary. I thought I'd at least try to be considerate and not bring it up in front of the whole forum.

He came back with a response pretty much saying "If your going to say something, say it out in the open."

So I did posted it in response to his post. Simple as that.

However, now he seems to be dragging this to even more threads and stretching it out into something it isn't and playing the victim.

Eitherway, I'm just going to stop responding at this point and if this flaming and troll crap keeps up from him it is up to the moderators at this point. I'm still not going to just "not say anything" if someone wants to be an *** to a kid.

Tell me about it.....

TwistedMac said:
you're totally blowing it out of proportion.. he mentioned with sarcasm attached that she should look into other options than todai..

god, some people are so touchy...

To the point of sending buttinsky chastising PMs and handing out bad vibe rep points "This post was cruel and quite unnecessary. It doesn't belong on these forums, and to insult a highschool kid looking into colleges is just plain crappy.".

The best part is......for some strange reason this made my rep points go up about 20 points. Thanks, Emoni!

No one said that she wont make it, if you put your mind to it you can do anything. Go for it, it will be a hard path and you will have to make some sacrifices.

Its called tough love. The world aint an easy place and people need to know that.

Ewok85 said:
No one said that she wont make it, if you put your mind to it you can do anything. Go for it, it will be a hard path and you will have to make some sacrifices.

Its called tough love. The world aint an easy place and people need to know that.

Tough love is a good name for it. In retrospect, I could have and should have made my point in a better way. But the fact remains that what she needed was not hand-holding but a Reality Check. Even Japanese kids whose mothers start preparing them for Toudai while they are still in the womb have very little chance of actually gaining admission.

mikecash said:
Tough love is a good name for it. In retrospect, I could have and should have made my point in a better way. But the fact remains that what she needed was not hand-holding but a Reality Check. Even Japanese kids whose mothers start preparing them for Toudai while they are still in the womb have very little chance of actually gaining admission.
I see you've been making friends and influencing people.

Does anyone have any statistics on how many people studying at Tokyo Uni. have Japanese as other than their native language?

I can't see there being many foreigners at Toudai. My guess is less than 10 full time students.

I don't know the actual figure, but in 2003 there were 109,508 international students studying in Japan. I would guess that this means that more than 10 people are studying at Tokyo University. Actually I think Japan is a good place to consider international study. I have a few foreign friends who is studying at Hokudai (Hokkaido University) which is highly respected university in Japan. Hokudai has many many international students. I checked the website and it said that there are currently 720 overseas students at Hokudai. I expect Toudai may be similar or even have more than this.

Yes. All your study will be in Japanese just like normal student. This includes your own typed work. One of my friends who is Australian was allowed to write occasionally in English but he said this is very rare. If you want to study in Japan, you will be given full time Japanese lessons for 6 months or a year before you start. Usually this is paid for by Japanese government.

If your considering a foreign teritary education why settle on Japan?

You will have to a) learn a language and get up to a certain standard, b) assimilate into the community and c) relocated for 4 or so years.

Tokyo uni is probably the most prestigious in all of Japan, and sorry to say (and what alot of others have said), unless you split the atom you probably don't have much hope of getting there.

They are, dont forget you need to be better than the Japanese people wanting in, which makes it even harder :(

I think perhaps this is not true. I believe that many Japanese universities have a number of places for international students, so you are not always competing with Japanese students. Your main competition is other international students from another country who also want to study in Japan.

Only one way to find things like this out, and that is to contact them and get as much info as possible :p I think Saing is partly right on that international students are competing for the most part against others with very good grades and qualifications.

Back
Top Bottom