What's new

Question Wanting to live in Naka-Meguro or surrounds - Recommended tips on finding housing

TallNuck

後輩
30 Oct 2018
Hi all,

After getting loads of help on another more general post, I wanted to see if people could share tips on helping me find somewhere to live.

I move to Tokyo on April 22nd and start a job on May 1st.

The job is located either at Shin-Yokohama, or Kita-Yamata stations (depending on day).

I've narrowed down that I'd like to live along the Tokyu-Toyoko line, ideally around Naka-Meguro or one/two stations away (As this seems a nice area). Obviously I'd like to be closer to the stations.

I now about Suumo and such, but can anyone recommend a good agency to find somewhere, or have other tips? Things like I've heard south-facing apartments make a big difference (and are more expensive?), etc. Pretty much any advice I'd really appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Are they really leaving it up to you to find an agency on your own? That's tough...
Probably you will have very limited time to line up a place therefore I recommend looking at listings now to get a feeling for what is available as well as learn how to read them. What is "DK" "1LDK", 礼金, 敷金, etc. And that will also help you get a feel for what people value.
Here are all the listings at Naka-Meguro. https://www.homes.co.jp/chintai/tokyo/nakameguro_05051-st/list/
If you need help navigating or interpreting the site just ask here.

Are they really leaving it up to you to find an agency on your own? That's tough...
Probably you will have very limited time to line up a place therefore I recommend looking at listings now to get a feeling for what is available as well as learn how to read them. What is "DK" "1LDK", 礼金, 敷金, etc. And that will also help you get a feel for what people value.
Here are all the listings at Naka-Meguro. https://www.homes.co.jp/chintai/tokyo/nakameguro_05051-st/list/
If you need help navigating or interpreting the site just ask here.

Thanks MDChachi, that's very helpful. They provided an agency, but it's external to the company and the guy said his english isn't great (so not boding well).

I'm slowing learning/relearning the relevant kanji for all things rental, though my brain is WAY slower since I've been gone so long.

If you can not find a rental apartment, inquire here.

"XROSS House"

Can anyone recommend an English speaking realtor (for renting) in the Nakameguro area?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom