What's new

Want to know if this is true

Rahmie

先輩
10 Nov 2006
I have been told that it is okay for Japanese/Asian girls to date white guys But it isn't okay for Japanese/Asian guys to date white girls and if they do date them they will never marry a white girl. I would really like to hear from Japanese men and women on this.

Who ever said that is not really clever. People choose with who they wanna married, but there are some who are really hard and they call everyone gaijin...
well yeah back to topic: Rahmie, the anwser is no, that ain't true. what did you think my mother did? she married a white guy :eek:

although I would think that the question has been answered in an analyized conclusion of a number of other thread's content, and although I am not a Japanese national, the answer is clearly negative.

If anything, the opposite would seem to have been the truer; in that families would not be having their daughters marry into other Japanese houses. (family lines) The son marrying into a non-Japanese family line, on the other hand, would not change that family line, so. . .

No. It is not true that there is any general concern or concept, percieved or taught, that Japanese girls cannot date nor marry non-Japanese boys of any caucasian or similar make-up.

Yep, I am married to a Japanese man. His family loves me and they think we are really special to have found eachother. I will say this, I do think his mother would have liked a Japanese daughter-in-law, not so much because she doesn't like me, it's just that I can't really help her the way a traditional daughter-in-law would...

There are no rules or laws on this issue. Everybody has their own opinion on who they will date.

Actually here in Toronto there is a large gay population and I have noticed that there are many more gay couples consisting of Asian and white males these days. Of course it's hard to say who the 'female' is in that regard, or whether such a dynamic even exists, but I have noticed it. (It's hard not to notice two dudes holding hands, not that I find anything wrong with it) But within that community, as far as 'street-visibility' goes, I notice it much more these days as opposed to when I was in highschool.

In general I think that whatever cultural or racial barriers were preventing this co-mingling from openly happening are really starting to come down as I've also seen many more white females with Asian males in recent years. I'm half-Japanese, but up until my recent trip to Japan I only dated white females. I was never against dating anyone else, it was just that way because I was socialized in a caucasian environment at school, had mainly caucasian friends, and liked caucasian women primarily. I never really thought too heavily about it though and didn't experience any problems, perhaps because I don't look stereotypically 'Asian' and I speak fluent English. But I do remember one conversation with an ex and she basically said that I was different (for those reasons) and that she wouldn't be naturally inclined to date an Asian male.

These barriers are being challenged in movies too though. In Jet Li's 'Unleashed' a tangible love interest scenario develops between the main actress, a white female, and Jet Li. I don't remember if they kiss but it was certainly a strong representation and rare in major cinema. It took a long time for interracial couples of black and white to become 'acceptable' in the mass media, I think the same changes are taking place now with Asian males and non-Asian females. I would imagine that other 'pioneers' in this regard would be Bruce Lee and his wife Linda Lee Cadwell, and regarding white men and Asian females, John Lennon and Yoko were obviously a strong icon in mass media.

Okay, Thanks for the help guys. I was told that the oldest son couldn't marry a white girl at all. no matter what. I know that it is a family by family matter but I just wanted to know the general trend in this matter. thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom