What's new

Wages of software engineer in nagoya

4 Sep 2006
Hi I m new to nagoya janpan ,i got selected as a software engineer in nagoya, i wanted to know that wht are all the wages,salary for software engineer in normal case.and living cost in nagoya?
if anybody will reply means it will be great help for me.

Depends what you are doing, "software engineer" is a nice broad term. Depending on your age, the age of the Japanese people doing the same work, your experience level, the hours worked, and how much resonsibility you have, it could be from 280,000-400,000.

Sounds curiously like a programming position, and programmers world-wide are notorious for receiving poor wages for the amount of work they put in.

Yeah Thnks for ur reply EWOK85 ,,,yeah i have 2.5 years exp in c,linux,embedded and my Age is 24 .So according to that how much salary should i get?

And what are the living cost for normal person in NAGOYA?

Thnks again

300,000 - 380,000 would be my guess. Do you not have a contract or talked about this in your interview??

Yeah in my interveiw, they told that ,200000 yen per month,and i have to bare my accomodation,transport,food ,tax etc...
Now i wanted to know that how much the living cost in nagoya,for a normal life?

thnks for ur reply,,

Apartment would be around (probably more) than 50,000 a month.
Water, gas, electricity is about 15,000 a month.
Food I normally allow about 7,000/week, 30,000 a month.
Transport depends, but about 10,000 a month usually.

200,000yen for an IT position is an insult, tell them to get with reality. I hope its a part time job, 3 days a week.

No, its a fulltime job 5 days....
Let me ask to management to hike my salary,
I got selected in HITACHI as a software engineeerrrr....

Thnks for your reply

For 200,000yen they need to pay for your accomadation (Japanese people who are getting paid that much would be living in company dorm rooms for free or cheap - 10,000/month) or pay you enough to live on - at least an extra 50,000, but I would ask for 80,000.

Back
Top Bottom