What's new

volunteer work in japan

nectarine

後輩
21 Jan 2007
i am gonna be free the whole of summer 2007 and I would like to get a summer job in Tokyo or Yokohama. Ideally, I would like to work in a NGO or charity organization because i don't need to earn money. I'm a Japanese teenager and i speak english. I've looked online but there isnt anything suitable for me because of my age and also because i can only work for a couple of months. Can anyone suggest anything?

What kind of volunteer work are you looking for?

You could go to one of the International centers in Tokyo, and teach Japanese to foreigners. But I am not sure if you want this, so with some more information we could help you a lot more.

Hi nectarine,

The Volunteer Work in Japan under the Japan Practical section, started by Suki-Yaki, might be helpful. (sorry, forum didn't let me post the direct link, for some reason)

I'm actually looking around myself (I'm about an hour from Tokyo in Chiba). I'll let you know if I find anything.

hi again
Basically, I dont have many preferences and am willing to do almost anything, except probably teach Japanese because I dont have enough trust in my own japanese abilities to be able to teach other people. I just want to do something to fill up my summer, and it might as well be meaningful.

The thread started by Suki-Yaki was very helpful, thanks dulac!

Back
Top Bottom