What's new

Volunteer in Tohoku!

9 Jul 2011
ツ?。ツ?。 2 DAYS VOLUNTEER in TOHOKU ツ?。ツ?。
ツ?。ツ?。 for students from Asian countries ツ?。ツ?。

Would you like to volunteer in Tohoku ?
It would be a good chance to join and help people in the stricken areas.
Bring Hope back to Tohoku !
ツ【Scheduleツ】
7/16 (Sat.)
22:00 Leave Tokyo by bus
7/17 (Sun.)
8:00 Arrive at the site
9:00-16:00 Volunteer activities
7/18 (Mon.)
9:00-12:00 Volunteer activities
14:00 Leave the site by bus
22:00 Return to Tokyo
ツ【Participantツ Feeツ】
ツ??,000-ツ
ツ?鍍ransportation
ツ?杜eals
ツ?殿ccommodation
ツ?澱oots, gloves, etc.
ツ?妬nsurance
will be covered
ツ【Activitiesツ】
Sludge removal, Clean up, Gathering and returning lost mementos
ツ【Feel free to contact usツ】
Email/ infoツ?拌cc21.orgツ ツ(ツ?敖??≫?板)
Tel/ 03-3945-2615
Google ツ"ACC21ツ" for more info!
Sayaka Maruoka (Person in charge)
Asian Community Center 21
ツ≫┐ニ但ニ淡ニ但ツ人窶板ッナ?wツ青カ ニ畜ニ停?ーニ停?愴弾ニ達ニ但窶「テ・ツ集ツ≫┐
窶愬停?徒窶堙嫁?テウ窶転窶堙ー窶愿坂?堋ッ窶堙ヲ窶堋、ツ!窶愬停?徒窶堙?畜ニ停?ーニ停?愴弾ニ達ニ但窶堙ー窶堋オ窶堙??堙昶?堙懌?堋ケ窶堙ア窶堋ゥ?
ナ?e窶冢窶堋ゥ窶堙ァツ集窶堙懌?堙ゥ窶愿コ窶怒ツ人ニ畜ニ停?ーニ停?愴弾ニ達ニ但窶堙??堙??堙?窶堙嫁?ツセ窶堙ー窶板ャ窶堋オ窶堙
窶堋?窶堙遺?堋ス窶堙個坂?倪?堙??愿コ窶怒窶堙個「窶ーテ銀?堋ッ窶ケ'ツ」窶堙俄?堙遺?堙≫?堙??堋ュ窶堙ェ窶堙懌?堋ケ窶堙ア窶堋ゥ
ツ【窶愿コ窶凖カ 窶堙俄?堙≫?堙??堋「ツ】
7/16 (Sat.)
22:00 窶愬停?ケナセツ出窶敖ュツ(ニ弛ニ湛ツ)
7/17 (Sun.)
8:00 窶愬停?徒窶愬セ窶吮?ヲ
9:00-16:00 ニ畜ニ停?ーニ停?愴弾ニ達ニ但
7/18 (Mon.)
9:00-12:00 ニ畜ニ停?ーニ停?愴弾ニ達ニ但
14:00 窶愬停?徒ツ出窶敖ュツ(ニ弛ニ湛ツ)
22:00 窶愬停?ケナセ窶愬セ窶吮?ヲ
ツ【ナスQ窶ーテ≫?敕ッ 窶堋ウ窶堙ア窶堋ゥ窶堙青】
ツ??,000-
ツ(ニ弛ニ湛窶佚」ツ、ツ食ナス窶凪?佚」ツ、ツ宿窶昶?倪?佚」ツ、窶倪?「窶敕オ窶「iツ、窶「テ崘陳ッ窶堋ェナ?テ懌?堙懌?堙ェ窶堙懌?堋キツ)
ツ【ナ?ヒ??慊ョツ 窶堋ゥ窶堙や?堙??堋、ツ】
窶督ッ窶ーテ??堙娯?廛窶堋セ窶堋オ窶堙「窶「テ絶?「t窶堋ッツ、ナ?Cナ?テ昶?「窶昶?堋ィ窶堙ヲ窶堙打スR窶敖ァ窶堙娯?「Y窶吮?ヲ窶「ツィ窶堙娯?ーテアナステサツ、ナスv窶堋「ツ出窶堙固ステ環真窶堙姑誰ニ椎?ツーニ男ニ停?愴丹
ツ【窶堋ィ窶ケCナ馳窶堙俄?堋ィ窶禿「ツ坂?。窶堋ケ窶堋ュ窶堋セ窶堋ウ窶堋「ツ】
Email/ infoツ?拌cc21.orgツ ツ(ツ?敖??≫?板)
Tel/ 03-3945-2615
ニ築ツーニ停ぎニ馳ツーニ淡窶堙可催?新ツ湘ョ窶「テアツ?ィツ"ACC21ツ"窶堙?椎クツ催オ
NPO窶邸ツ人ニ但ニ淡ニ但ツ・ニ坦ニ蓄ニ停?ヲニ男ニ弾ニ達ツーツ・ニ短ニ停?愴耽ツー21
窶堙懌?堙ゥ窶堋ィ窶堋ゥ 窶堋ウ窶堙「窶堋ゥ (窶儡窶懌?毒ステ?

Last edited:
For anyone interested in volunteering and are in the USA, please go to: Home
Thanks for the link !! I was looking forward to accepting an offer with the group All Hands Volunteers for the first week of September. But reading on another site the conditions that the area is dealing with just it seems like such a whole new category of stress on the system in addition to the emotional devastation that I can't even guarantee my own stability. Pulling out is sort of a loutish thing to do, especially when the need for volunteers is so critical and residents & evacuees are stuck. On the other hand, being laid up or ineffective because proper sanitation and basic health systems are not restored only creates an added burden for the organization....:(

-lots of dust rising from debris and rubble -awful smell of wet and moldy piles of wooden debris and tatami mats -awful smell of sludge And now they have:

-awful smell of rotten fish (mostly from many tens of thousands tons of fish stocks/devastated seafood processing plants) and smell of bird feces feeding on those rotten fish ( -hordes of big, fat flies attracted by the rotten fish, feeding on rotten fish and being eaten by seagulls -threat of mosquitoes as summer approaches, as well as rats and cockroaches....

Thanks for the link !! I was looking forward to accepting an offer with the group All Hands Volunteers for the first week of September. But reading on another site the conditions that the area is dealing with just it seems like such a whole new category of stress on the system in addition to the emotional devastation that I can't even guarantee my own stability. Pulling out is sort of a loutish thing to do, especially when the need for volunteers is so critical and residents & evacuees are stuck. On the other hand, being laid up or ineffective because proper sanitation and basic health systems are not restored only creates an added burden for the organization....:(

-lots of dust rising from debris and rubble -awful smell of wet and moldy piles of wooden debris and tatami mats -awful smell of sludge And now they have:

-awful smell of rotten fish (mostly from many tens of thousands tons of fish stocks/devastated seafood processing plants) and smell of bird feces feeding on those rotten fish ( -hordes of big, fat flies attracted by the rotten fish, feeding on rotten fish and being eaten by seagulls -threat of mosquitoes as summer approaches, as well as rats and cockroaches....

I can't help but respect the people who volunteer to help others out of a bad situation. And no, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to volunteer with All Hands if you felt you would not be able to help to your fullest. You shouldn't feel bad about it though, y'know? You're being honest with yourself, so, if you are feeling bad, you could always donate to the recovery projects that groups like All Hands are running. And, you could spread awareness that the trouble that Japan is in is still as prevalent as it was when the tsunami/earthquake struck the Tohoku region.

Back
Top Bottom