What's new

Visiting Japanese house for couple of days.. gift?

Alma

nature's sweet success
2 Apr 2005
Hello 🙂

hisashiburi 😌

ok, I will get straight to my question... I have a Japanese friend, and she kindly invited me to spend new years holiday at her house, with her family and stay there for couple of days :)
ok, I am not just bragging about it... I need some help 😌 it is normal custom for me to bring something for first visit, even if it is not for long time, like this. But now, I am completely confused... do you have any ideas what would be nice and appropriate present in situation like this?

also, any frazes for expressing my gratitude? 😌

all other advices and tips welcome, too 😌

🙂

Specialty foods are always good. Something that can be shared like gourmet truffles if they are good in your area (just an example). Maybe a special candy shop or bakery has something unique that you could bring as well maybe.

T-shirt
picture book of your home region
native American crafts
individually wrapped specialty foods

oh, i forgot to mention that I am living in Japan, so no souvenirs from my country, unfortunately.
so I was wondering maybe something like Japanese traditional gifts, or maybe food...?

The same thing applies to living in another region in Japan. Every region as you may already have noticed has some food speciality of its own, and this is always a good gift to bring. And happily you can often purchase them quite prettily wrapped at the local train station so it's very convenient.

And if you haven't told us you live in the SAME region, just get some nicely wrapped cookies.

thank you for your help :)
I guess i would do something like that, but actually I found out there are some imported goods for couple of weeks bazaar, from my neighbouring country, so basically, same things we have back at home. so I went to check it today, and I have found some nice sweets, perfect for present:111:! lucky me 😄
thanks again! 😌

Back
Top Bottom