What's new

Vintage Aircraft Markings

Daijobu

後輩
6 Mar 2009
One of my hobbies is flight simulation. One of my "virtual" planes is this 1930's vintage German Junkers Ju-160 (see pic). I would like to repaint it to represent the Japanese Navy version shown in the pic and I would like some help with the characters on the aircraft. Anything more complicated than katakana and I'm lost. :redface: The large characters near the cockpit I can duplicate but can somebody identify the characters near the tail and provide a better image of them? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IJN_Ju160.jpg
    IJN_Ju160.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 117
It says "テ、テ昶?「U". The plane's registration is ヒ?、ツ坂??29ツ坂?? (Aikoku 129-Go, something to the effect of Patriotism 129) and テ、テ昶?「U is the name.

By the way, Aikoku series are Imperial Japanese Army planes. They are acquired through the donation of the citizens rather than through the government budget. The IJN had a similar system but they are called 窶「テアツ坂? (houkoku) series.

Ref:
R[@(100-199)

Butakun,
Thanks for your response, that's exactly the information I was looking for. I did not know the difference between aikoku and houkoku aircraft, my profile drawing was incorrectly captioned as being an IJN plane. Do you have a hobby interest in WWII Japanese aviation?

Back
Top Bottom