What's new

Vending machines in Japan survey?

heiwa

後輩
18 May 2012
It's not necessarily a survey per say but for a class assignment, I'm researching on vending machines and I need to collate questions from others about vending machines in Japan that people would typically ask and then research on it (appropriate ones of course!) and I was hoping to get some ideas from you guys. So far, from asking family and friends, the most popular question has been 'why does Japan have so many vending machines?' Some other questions that I've got include 'why does Japan have a variety of vending machines unlike other countries?' and 'why do Japanese vending machines sell panties, etc.?' (< this is an example of an inappropriate question which was asked by a friend of mine).

I have only two questions in this regard:

1. Why are other countries so far behind in vending machine culture?

2. Has anyone actually ever seen of of these infamous panty vending machines?

Do people complain about the enormous amount of energy used by convenience machines, given their sheer number and the fact that they're always on 24/7?

i heard that japanese household don't use a freezer. i don't know if thats true but if its the case they probably save more energy then they loose with vending machine. i also love the tea vending machines, I'm still wonder if i should just for fun get some and sell the same tea they sell in japan. of course it would be more expensive here and probably no1 would buy it but i really would like to give it a try. it would be awesome if it worked and i would become the king of japanese tea in my country. you know like the guy who brought red bull from thailand to the western world

in a documentary they said: because japanese don't have freezers in most household, the supermarket have no frozen food just dried stuff. as i said I'm skeptical about that information, thanks for clarifying that

in a documentary they said: because japanese don't have freezers in most household, the supermarket have no frozen food just dried stuff. as i said I'm skeptical about that information, thanks for clarifying that

What a load of crap!

Very few people here have a separate large deep freeze unit, but every refrigerator includes a freezer compartment and there is a huge variety of frozen foods available at every supermarket and convenience store.

No freezers?
Only dried food?

Incredibly false! Please point us to that stupid documentary. Please!

i can't remember the name, it was on a german television channel.
anyway thank you for you input and for correcting the false information.

Back
Top Bottom