What's new

Used scooter

Musashi Maru

後輩
15 Apr 2005
How much should I expect to pay for a used scooter. I remember buying one about 5 years ago for 60,000 Yen. Have they gone up in price?

i found this on The Yamasa Institute - Study Japanese in Japan

Scooters (gendoukitsukidensha - or gentsuki for short) , are the preferred mode of transport for many young Japanese because they are cheap to run, and often more convenient than a car to use. You can buy a second hand scooter cheaply (from 30,000-70,000 Yen depending on the year and type of model) and if you already have an International Drivers License or a Japanese Driving License then you're ready to go. No special insurance is needed for a scooter up to 50cc.

damm still pretty expensive i think those things, i can get one here second hands for 20 or 30.000 yen

Thanks for the info.
I must admit I'm not a regular user of this forum but whenever I post anything I seem to recieve genuinely altruistic responses from Dutch Baka and Hiroyuki Nagashima. Thanks guys

Actually, you still need insurance for 50 cc bikes. It costs 7000 and change for one year, or 12000+ for 3 years. Also, if you want to cash it back in and cancel, you get refunded for the leftover days, making the 3 year deal cheaper even if you don't plan to use it that long. The insurance can be had at most motorbike or car dealers.

Happy riding.

Back
Top Bottom